New - tried so many times before, hoping it works this time

Options
silkmfp
silkmfp Posts: 4 Member
Hiya

I've tried to diet time and again, even used MFP before. To no avail. I'm trying again anyway, because I want to get back down to 10 stone, so that I can be happy with myself. I'm currently 13 stone and 3 lbs. Apparently my target should be 9 st and a half, but I'm a woman not a girl and I like to have some curves.

I'm mainly focusing on trying to get under my target each day for that extra boost, and I've sold my car so all commuting is by walking or cycling. I've also taken up swimming again, and I mean proper swimming too not the idly swimming whilst chatting thing.

My biggest challenges are wine and the fact I seem to have a monstrously slow metabolism. The former I can get around by only drinking if I can afford it. The latter? No idea. Bad genes.

Well, wish me luck!

Replies

• squintyme
    squintyme Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Ive added you! I agree I'm a curvy woman and want to stay that way! just a little smaller and toned! I think its a lot of mind over matter sounds cheesy but believe you can and you will!

We can do it!
  • squintyme
    squintyme Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    OOPS! double post
  • tannadine
    tannadine Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Good luck on starting over - sometimes that's just what you need, a fresh start. With regards to your metabolism, it's not set in stone - it will adjust if you feed your body the right kind of foods and exercise. Either way, best of luck on restarting your journey :)
  • Watch_Me_Rise
    Watch_Me_Rise Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Good luck on starting over - sometimes that's just what you need, a fresh start. With regards to your metabolism, it's not set in stone - it will adjust if you feed your body the right kind of foods and exercise. Either way, best of luck on restarting your journey :)

Agreed ^^ regarding the metabolism, don't obsess about metabolism.. You canstill succeed no matter how many times you fail, just keep trucking and do what you can :)