what's more important?

Options
What's more important, meeting the number of minutes exercised goal or calories burned during exercise?

Replies

• uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    Options
    What's more important, meeting the number of minutes exercised goal or calories burned during exercise?
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Not exactly sure... My best guess would be the calorie goal??? :huh:

Other, more experienced MPFers may know.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    meeting the calories burned I would think. For example, you might do 10 minutes of running as FAST and hard as you can go, or 1 hour of leisurely walking. Both are going to burn about the same amount. But if you do the 10 hard minutes you have 50 extra minutes in your day for other excercises like strength training or something fun like swimming :drinker:
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    meeting the calories burned I would think. For example, you might do 10 minutes of running as FAST and hard as you can go, or 1 hour of leisurely walking. Both are going to burn about the same amount. But if you do the 10 hard minutes you have 50 extra minutes in your day for other excercises like strength training or something fun like swimming :drinker:

I like this answer.:happy:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I wish it was simple as calories... but the answer really depends on the sort of exercise you're doing. For example, weight training will burn very few calories but take a good long amount of time to do properly. Cardio on the other hand can be done in 15 minutes if you can get to your calorie goal fast enough and keep yourself in your target heart rate.