Wow - it hurts but it feels good :D

RodgerBuckley
RodgerBuckley Posts: 48 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I've got a day off work today so I decided to go for a walk in the Indian sunshine for an hour, and when I got back, I felt like doing more. So I went to the gym, and the guys put me through some weight routines - reasonably light weights with nothing heavier than 20Kg excluding the bar, but I'm old and out of shape! After an hour of that mixed in with my 30 minutes of cardio warm up and cool down, and some crunches, I'm shattered, but feeling very pleased with myself for getting off my lazy bum and doing something for a change, That's twice now in the last week - not much I know, but you gotta start somewhere :blushing: I also learned something too - don't drink anything within 15 minutes of doing stomach exercises. I think the trainers are determined that I'll go home from here in two weeks in much better shape than when I arrived :laugh:

I've popped it all into my diary, and I've got just over 1200 calories left for today :bigsmile: That's impressive methinks, but not only that, I've already had (and logged) breakfast and lunch so there's only Dinner left ;0) Saturday treat for me tonight then :drinker:

I know I'm going to hurt in the morning (and probably for the next 3 or 4 days at least - I'm still recovering from the previous session), but I've got tomorrow off work as well, so I'll head down to the basement for another bash in the gym :wink:

Replies

• kymberlin
    kymberlin Posts: 113 Member
    great job, I just did weights Thursday at the gym. Wow the guy helping me kept putting on too much weight, I'm still sore. Hoping to make it thru my two hour zumba class today.
This discussion has been closed.