Minu 118lbs, some inches, sizes & other things:) PIC HEAVY!!

Options
So! I think the last time I posted here was at my 80lb lost mark. It's been a while, but I've made a lot of progress since the beginning of the year!! I've lost 40lbs since January, which equals 118ish, maybe 120 (I can't weigh in until later today so I'm crossing my fingers for that one).

A little back story: I started out around 365 or 370 to the best of my knowledge. I had a scale that only weighed up to 350 at the time, and I erred out each time I stepped on it. I started going to a gym, just choosing 'healthier' foods, until I reached the 349.9 mark one day, and about flipped my daggum lid. I then got pregnant. Without going into too much detail, I lost the baby, spent the next year incredibly sick because of the loss and my refusal to go to a doctor. After I spent 3 days in the hospital, I got mad enough at myself and decided enough was enough.

That's one thing I lost - the ability to talk myself OUT of changing my life. I lost the mind frame of 'someday' an gained the attitude of 'now or never'.

bd8060cf-d441-4617-bcc9-257483d2018f_zps5715bfcd.jpg

The above picture is from Dec of 2011 - 5 months before I decided to kick myself into gear.

progresslindzrecent_zps0e6759c8.png

comparison1_zps12453556.png

138dfb12-14c0-4f2e-b2ce-9c66f583c787_zps1f6ad016.jpg

I still have 80-100lbs to lose, depending on when I feel comfortable with my body. I'm SO happy I made the decision to try harder, to lose my bad attitude, to join my fitness pal, and to no longer ignore the fact that I was as heavy as I was.

My life isn't perfect because of weight loss, I still struggle all the time. But my attitude, my self esteem, my general world is better because of the changes in my life that have STEMMED from my weight loss. I fail ALL of the time. Never get discouraged because of a setback or a minor mishap. It's going to happen, accept it, forgive yourself, and move on. And remember that to live is different than simply existing.

Replies

• VCanadapt
    VCanadapt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You look Amazing!! Way to Go!!
  • 3BabyBlues
    3BabyBlues Posts: 24
    Options
    You look great! Keep it up.
  • marchellaz
    marchellaz Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Very motivating!
  • Billie09
    Billie09 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    you look amazing. well done.
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Best you can do for yourself!
  • theflatpick
    theflatpick Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Nice job, you should be very proud.
  • christiane73
    christiane73 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Awesome accomplishment! You should be so proud!
  • jesiann2014
    jesiann2014 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Your story is going to inspire and motivate many people here on MFP and in your life! Your faith, determination and discipline are simply stunning!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Amazing what a great job!
  • NurseDionne
    NurseDionne Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Your words are so motivational; thank you for sharing.
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Great work! And I'm so sorry about your baby
  • mandybear014
    mandybear014 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Outstanding! You look beautiful and very happy too! Great job on all the hard work! :flowerforyou:
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Way too go girl! Our tickers are at the same mark! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look great! Sorry about your loss as well.
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Great work!!
  • determinedgirl1
    determinedgirl1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! Truly wonderful! Congratulations
  • jodybo2
    jodybo2 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job!!! Way to go!
  • Tilim
    Tilim Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Amazing????????????????
  • chriscrosse
    chriscrosse Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    So inspiring and you look great! Way to find a way to put one foot in front of the other and keep at it.
  • Effalunt
    Effalunt Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your remarkable success! You look wonderful.
    Sincere condolences on the loss of your baby. It's inspiring that you are doing so much to take care of yourself now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!