throwing food away

Options
I am satisfied after eating half of my breakfast. Why is it so hard to throw the rest away? It's not like I don't have more in my pantry/fridge! Anyone else combat this? Yeah, I know. Get over it!!

Replies

• Sparklewolfie
    Options
    Can you refrigerate it for later? I don't throw food away if I can help it because it is simply wasteful (bad karma!) But sometimes I do throw away the junk food or candy... "real" food though, I will wrap and save!

If you find you just cannot finish your food, you can eat it later in the day so your calories will not be off :smile: And then the next day just measure yourself a smaller portion until you find the perfect size!
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    I have issues with that as well. I say it's because my parents used to tell me the whole "starving children would love to have that" thing. It's def a mental thing. I also don't like throwing it away for money reasons. I usually (to make myself feel better) either give it to my dogs (lol) or save it for later.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    :blushing: you're not the only one - i am bad and will inhale the whole plate rather than stop and put some of it away for later, or wasting. i've had to stop putting that much on my plate and if it's a restaurant i struggle to stop eating, but try to save 1/2 for the doggie bag!

:laugh: that 'dog' more often than not turns out to be me !
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    You guys never worked in the food service industry. You're worried about starving kids. If you saw the 400 lbs of perfectly edible food you're favorite restaurant just threw out you'd cry. And buffets? forget it. Hundreds of pounds every day, in the dumpster.

I do the same thing. That's why I either eat the same thing most days or put less on my plate then I think I want. You've figured out that you have trouble throwing away extra food, but you probably wouldn't have trouble going back to get more if you were really, honestly still hungry.