Humbling moment in life

Options
I know not many of you know me. Those of you that do already know that I proudly serve in the USAF. Today I was part of an amazing event. I'm TDY in support of getting aide and supplies to Myanmar. If you haven't heard or read we took the first batch of supplies to the country today. I must say it's an extremely proud moment in my life. In todays age many people only see the tradgedy and death involved with the military. I am proud to say that after todays events I once again know why I joined the military... To help those who need it.

Replies

• kimmerlyjo
    kimmerlyjo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I know not many of you know me. Those of you that do already know that I proudly serve in the USAF. Today I was part of an amazing event. I'm TDY in support of getting aide and supplies to Myanmar. If you haven't heard or read we took the first batch of supplies to the country today. I must say it's an extremely proud moment in my life. In todays age many people only see the tradgedy and death involved with the military. I am proud to say that after todays events I once again know why I joined the military... To help those who need it.
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! :smile:

I can never say thank you enough to our military! My family (including myself) so enjoy the freedom we have because of you!
  • kimmerlyjo
    Options
    no thank you. we honestly couldn't do it without the support of people like you!!! :blushing:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!
    Did they actually let you deliver them!?! That woud be wonderful.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    It makes me so proud just to even be associated with you via this site. What those poor people are going through, and what their government is subjecting them to is terrible.
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Words cannot even start to express my gratitude to you and all our men and women in the military. I thank you from the bottom of my heart and may GOD BLESS you each and every day. :flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Ditto everyone's sentiments! :flowerforyou:

Thank you & God bless!! :heart:
  • kimmerlyjo
    Options
    i'm not on the actual aircraft itself but lets just say i help them get off the ground and am great friends with the people who are actually flying the missions. i wish i could make all of you realize how much your support means to me and everyone else here. honestly the eyes are welling up right now!!! :smile:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Kim, you are truly one of my heroes.

As Ronald Reagan said, 'Many people go through life wondering if they made a difference. The US Marines don't have that problem.'

Well, Ronnie was right, but he forgot the Air Force, Army, Navy and the Coasties also.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all you do you our country. We are blessed to have you protecting our backs.

Much love, :heart:

-Jeremy
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options

That is so wonderful to hear!! I have been praying that those poor people would get some relief!!!

I come from a long line of military people (both grandfathers were Lt. Col in the Army) and am in total awe of what you all do for this country and the world!

All I can say is thank you!! God Bless!
    Tami
  • kimmerlyjo
    Options
    Thanks again everyone. Things are going really well. Busy but well. Deliveries are going as planned and the people are very grateful. It might be going in small steps right now but hey as long as it's getting done that's all that matters!!!