Workout ideas needed

Options
jenfett1
jenfett1 Posts: 157 Member
Hi Everyone,
Today is day one for me... again. I have been on MFP for almost 2 years and was quite successful the first year but this past year has been nuts and I fell back into old habits and gained back almost everything. Anyways, I have a bummed knee and need surgery to fix it, but it isn't urgent and I want to try and lose 30 lbs before having it done if at all possible. I know my knees felt much better when I had lost the weight. So what I need from you all are suggestions for fat burning cardio workouts that do not involve a lot of movement of my knee. I am going to also work on my core and abs but really want something that will burn loads of calories but is gently on the knee. I am a walker at heart and will do some walking but I am going to be very careful about it and won't go far.

Also if anyone has the issue where fluid continuously builds on their knee and have some tricks to reduce the fluid build up with having to have it drained every week that would be great!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Replies

• Zohar94
    Zohar94 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    maybe cycling or swimming?
  • jenfett1
    jenfett1 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I might try the swimming, but the problem with my knee is the bending motion so not sure about the cycling. Guess I am just going to have to work really hard on upper body and core and just workout longer to get a good calorie burn.