Summer Challenge Group!!

Options
mamacoates
mamacoates Posts: 430 Member
Previously known as "Starting Strong, Staying Strong," We are a small group of like-minded women who appreciate the opportunity to motivate each other toward success. We participate in health and nutrition challenges on an ongoing basis to keep fitness fun.

We are re-organizing and adding a handful of new folks for our 60-day Summer Miles or Minutes challenge. We choose to keep our group small so that we can get to know each other, develop friendships, provide mutual support and keep each other accountable. We are not into fad diets or extreme strategies. We prefer to make healthy choices on a daily basis that ultimately lead to long-term healthy changes. Health is a choice, and a life-long commitment to lifestyle!!

Please leave a message on this post if you would like to join us. Since we are limiting the size of the group, we want to make sure new members are like-minded and committed to actively contributing. Please briefly share why you'd like to join the group, what you hope to get from the group and what you'd like to contribute. We will follow up with invitations in the next day or two.

Happy Summer everyone and let's get MOVING!!

Replies

• ichbinyagmur
    ichbinyagmur Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would love to join your group. I am in my 40s and have just joined MFP. I am interested in challenges and can provide a lot of support and enthusiasm. I lost 30 pounds 5 years ago and have kept most of it off, but I do need to stay motivated to do strength training and keep exercising. I try to stick to a well rounded diet with a lot of variety and focus more on portion control than anything else. Thanks!
  • mamacoates
    Options
    Welcome Ichbinyagmur! I will send you an invitation to the group and looking forward to getting to know you.
  • Frappleberry
    Frappleberry Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm turning 40 in February and its giving the impetus to make some changes. I gave up smoking in September and that has gone really well so it's time now to tackle my health and fitness. I'd love to join your group, I'm a teacher and looking forward to the summer break to kick start exercising so challenges will be great!
  • LStonePTL
    LStonePTL Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am interested in joining your group. I am a 32 yr old mother of 4. I have spent this past year getting my weight down nearly 50 lbs. I have found that I do well competing with others toward small goals and really enjoy the encouragement from others as well as being encouraging. Thanks!!
  • ana991
    ana991 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good morning, I would love to join the group pls. I'm starting the journey of weight loss and I need motivation, I'm 39 years old :)
  • christlyt
    christlyt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am a student at college and I have gradually lost 20 pounds for the last two years without thinking too much about it. I want to keep my eating habit healthy and train/exercise smart. I work out 6 days a week and I have been through some TRX, Zumba, Nike Training classes. I hope to find a group of encouragement and also help others to move forward to their goals.
  • mamacoates
    Options
    More invitations just sent out. Looking forward to getting to know you all.