Getting below that number that haunts me

Options
Today I weighed-in and the number on the scale read 160. Which is exciting because it means that I have lost 4 lbs since starting MFP but it is also scary because 160 is a number that I haven't been below since 6 or 7 years ago. Every time I attempt to diet, eat right, exercise, change my lifestyle etc. I do really well until I get close to 160 and then things fall apart. I am not sure why but it has been a reoccurring pattern. This time I am bound and determined to not repeat this pattern, I will get below 160 and I will continue to my goal weight!

Replies

• LisaKC
    LisaKC Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss. I know exactly what you're talking about, because I've had the same experience in the past. My weight gets to a certain point, then bounces around a bit. Since I've been on MFP, it hasn't happened. Sometimes I get stuck at the number, but I just stick to my program and it eventually comes off. If you don't go below 160 right away, don't be discouraged. Just keep working at it, and you will get to where you want to be! :flowerforyou:
  • SharonsJetSet
    Options
    Honestly I do the exact same thing!! Congratulations on your weight loss and getting healthier. Focus on the positive. Remember this..

The PAST is history
    The FUTURE'S a mystery
    Today is a gift - that's why they call it "THE PRESENT"

Live for today and leave the past where it belongs.....the past

Good luck, I know you can do this
  • karot32
    Options
    I am scared of that happening. 155 is the lowest I've ever been so I'm afraid it's some magical number that my body won't let me get below.... the moment the scale says 154 I am going to dance and leap and sing with joy!!!!!!!!! Only 2 pounds to get below that feared number!! Good luck with your goals! =)
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    160 was my number too! And I weighed in this morning at 155! You can doooo iitttt!
  • sippy01
    Options
    My number is 155. I have finally hit 148 and it goes up and down 2 pounds every day. It has taken me since the middle of July, but it is better than nothing. It just takes some of our bodies to get to losing I guess. Just hang in there and keep doing what you are supposed to do and it will work!! Good Luck!!
    April
  • nmpresto
    nmpresto Posts: 157
    Options
    Congrats! Good to hear that someone else overcame that dreaded number! :)
  • nmpresto
    nmpresto Posts: 157
    Options
    160 was my number too! And I weighed in this morning at 155! You can doooo iitttt!