How much does a stone weigh?

Options
toludc
toludc Posts: 49 Member
I've lost a stone (14 pounds) in 8 weeks. It's been jolly hard work with a breastfeeding 1 year old, two bouts of flu and not much freedom to schedule in running etc. I've noticed my general fitness increased - I can run 20 minutes at 5mil/hour now whereas 8 weeks ago I could only run for 5 mins without stopping. And my clothes are fitting now where they were tight and uncomfortable before. But for all the hard work a stones loss felt a bit measly and I couldn't really notice much difference in how I looked. So I decided to see how much a stone really weighs. I gathered all the bags of flour in my cupboard and put them in a bowl till it weight 14 pounds. It was really heavy. I felt better realising that I am now NOT carrying around that extra weight even though I have 3 stone still to go. Onwards to my next mini goal of 2 stone by Christmas!

Replies

• elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Well done! Good luck with the next set of goals!:drinker:
  • anna441
    anna441 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Congratulations...It is a wonderful feeling....Keep it up
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    :smile: Congratulations! That's terrific!
  • fullagrace
    Options
    What a great idea!

I joined WW a few years ago and it told you not to get discouraged if you have only lost a little bit and you can't notice the difference.

It compared one pound of fat to four sticks of butter. (Which is 1 pound)

So that means you have lost FIFTY SIX sticks of butter.

Imagine that!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!