Any one live in San Francisco or the East Bay?

Options
It would be nice to have some local MFP friends.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Livermore. It's hot here, but one of the best towns in the TriValley area!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Livermore. It's hot here, but one of the best towns in the TriValley area!

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I am spoiled by SF"s temperate weather! I'm always struck by the micro climates in SF and how much warmer it gets when you head east.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I love SF................especially now that I ALWAYS bring a jacket with me whenever I go there regardless of how it looks outside!
    I was at Cliffhouse last week kicking it with my DD.

IDEA Fitness member
  • oedipa_maas
    Options
    I love SF................especially now that I ALWAYS bring a jacket with me whenever I go there regardless of how it looks outside!
    I was at Cliffhouse last week kicking it with my DD.

IDEA Fitness member

I live a couple of blocks from the Cliff House! I love exploring the ruins of Sutro Baths.
  • suejoker
    suejoker Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I live in Oakland and work in San Francisco! It would be great to have a live MFP friend. Friend me, if you like:)
  • cedarkins
    cedarkins Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a bit farther away in Sacramento, but still close enough. I love visiting the Bay Area!
  • avril2626
    avril2626 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I'm in Fremont, San Mateo almost half the time, and work a bit on the bay. Envied your weather lately! I know we don't have humidity, but it's been hot @ home! Did u grow up in Bay Area? I like your poppies ;)
  • oedipa_maas
    Options
    I'm in Fremont, San Mateo almost half the time, and work a bit on the bay. Envied your weather lately! I know we don't have humidity, but it's been hot @ home! Did u grow up in Bay Area? I like your poppies ;)

I'm originally from NY, but I love SF to distraction. I moved here when I was 21, though I had only been west of Pennsylvania one time. I packed up my little car and decided to go to SF sight unseen. I remember driving into the city from the Bay Bridge and seeing the relatively modest skyline for the first time. I fell in love with the city right away. Plus all the houses were in cute easter egg colors!

Thank you! The poppies are a Georgia O'Keeffe painting. I'm really happy they turned out so well.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    This is great.....................until people experience a real earthquake. People that grew up here don't flinch unless it's at least a 4.0 now. So have you experienced one yet?

IDEA Fitness member
  • oedipa_maas
    Options
    This is great.....................until people experience a real earthquake. People that grew up here don't flinch unless it's at least a 4.0 now. So have you experienced one yet?

IDEA Fitness member

I've been through some mild ones, and man did they freak me out. When you've never experienced one, it feels like the scariest thing on earth. I moved here a year after the big one. When the next one comes along, I'll be a true Californian.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I've lived here since '72 and have felt some 4's and 5's, but the Loma Prieta was the "big one" for me. Personally I'll take an earthquake over the seasonal hurricane or tornado any day of the week. At least here, the structures are designed to withstand some earthquakes. I only seen a few homes actually designed to with stand a hurricane or tornado (domed buildings).

IDEA Fitness member
  • redwoodkestrel
    redwoodkestrel Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Work in SF, live in SF - a dedicated Outer-Sunset-ite! Nothing beats a sunset over the ocean with a view of the Farallones, all from the comfort of my living room.... when it's not summer, that is. :laugh:
  • oedipa_maas
    Options
    Work in SF, live in SF - a dedicated Outer-Sunset-ite! Nothing beats a sunset over the ocean with a view of the Farallones, all from the comfort of my living room.... when it's not summer, that is. :laugh:

Me too!! Only I'm in the Outer Richmond. It is a good life.
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Recently relocated myself and family in Oakland. Loving the weather. :D Feel free to add me.
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I live in the Fremont area.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I'm originally from the other coast but live in Oakland and work in San Jose. I like the weather temperature wise (especially in the winter) but I miss rain and thunderstorms.

oh yeah i also would be open to a gym/workout bud if anyone else uses Club One/Active Sports :smokin:

IDEA Fitness member

was just talking about this.. people get used to their areas natural disasters ... every time i feel a littlw ground shake i freak out. not sure i'll ever get used to it
  • ariesflame
    ariesflame Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    On the Peninsula here.
    Been looking to find active work out/ sports friends.

I'm signed up with Fitforlifesolutions and have a 24hour card, bikram once a week and trying to get back to consistent Martial Arts training in my east bay dojos.
  • misscarroll33
    misscarroll33 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Fremont area and work on the Peninsula. Would love more encouragement along my journey! I don't have any gym memberships aside from at work but I love to go hiking!
  • mellyboobear
    mellyboobear Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    EAST BAYY HEERRREEE! im up by Oakland !(= we aren't too far apart!
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I'm in the super hot central valley. Thank God for the Dirty D (Delta) and friends with nice boats lol! :drinker: