The Cheater's Diet

Options
So I was looking online for diets to try, because I hate restrictive diets. I came across "The Cheater's Diet." An example of the Monday thru Friday is as follows:

Breakfast: 2 eggs. 1 orange
Lunch: Lean Meat or Seafood, vegtables, and 1/2 cup whole grain brown rice
Snack: unsalted dry roasted peanuts
Dinner:Lean Meat or Seafood, vegtables, and 1/2 cup whole grain brown rice

On Saturday and Sunday you can eat whatever you want. in moderation. instead of eating a whole cake you have a peice. instead of a whole large pizza have a slice or two.

Has anyone ever tried this diet?? I start monday

Replies

• bellanean
    Options
    Doesn't sound like your going to be eating enough food. Even on a "diet" eating things you want in moderation is alright!
  • sippy01
    Options
    To me this is more restrictive than counting your calories, but try it and if it works for you than do it. I know for me that is not enough food. I would feel like I was dying on that little of food!! LOL Good luck!!
    April
  • darlapooh
    Options
    A nutritionist came and gave a lecture where I work 2 weeks ago and fussed at me because I was only eating between 800 and 1000 calories a day. She said that we need at least 1200 calories a day for our motabolism to stay at a rate for us to keep loosing weight. If you fall below 1200 calories your body goes into the starvation mode and your motabolism drops down very low. I wouldn't suggest that diet at all. When I came back up to the 1200 to 1300 calories as she suggested I started loosing weight faster.
  • McHeather
    McHeather Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I would try a balanced meal plan to start. The one you've listed looks more like a detox diet. I've tried Dr. Phil and Denise Austin, and maybe a few more. Jillian Michaels has one in her Master Your Metabolism book. They're really easy to modify to fit what's available and affordable to you. When you've followed these kinds of meal plans for a while you just learn what works for you. You learn what each meal should look like and consist of and then you can go on your own and make it up yourself using the ideas you learned from them. I have a family of 5 to feed so following these meal plans strictly is hard, but they are definitely a better way to start.
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat what I want anyway but I make sure I stay under my calories. Like today I had bacon rolls. I've still lost weight every week.
    I think if you stop really obsessing about food - what you can and what you can't have you'll end up breaking into a fairly balanced diet anyway. Like sometimes I just fancy some fruit or veg - not because I have to but i genuinely want it.
    Just try not to obsess over food, stay under your calories and your body will tell you what it wants / needs.
  • Gershwyn
    Options
    What Neliel said.
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be blunt.

F diets.

Eat healthy whole foods, eat in moderation, learn what a portion is, quit trying to find a magic formula. There isn't one. Just eat a balanced diet stay within your calorie goal and exercise. It's worked for eons.

**steps off soap box**
  • rolypoly1
    Options
    Applauding msbanana!!! 4 words: eat less, move more. WE hear it everywhere, eat lots of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, smaller portions, and healthier alternatives and exercise. WE all know it but to do it is another thing. When we do though..........it works!!! Diets don't work, eating healthy for life does. One day at a time. And this site is so great when you log in your food......that is the best tool, as you learn to make healthier choices to get your calorie count down to where it needs to. You see visually what has lots of sugar or more cholesterol than you thought, plus you can make friends and read forums and learn ........love it and good luck on your journey to great health!!!
  • Longtounge69
    Options
    You're Is the correct spelling
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options

Really? You resurrected a four year old post just to correct some spelling?

WOW.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

WOW.

ROFL. I'm dying. Best first post ever.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options

WOW.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound like much information. A day could be low calorie or high calorie.

How much lean meat are you allowed to eat for lunch and dinner? How much fat are you allowed to add for cooking?

Edit: Oh, I see this is a very old post, so I guess I will never know.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,553 Member
    Options
    Sounds restrictive to me.
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    OP is deactivated.. I hope the Cheater's Diet didn't do her in.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    On any day that ends in Y you can eat whatever you want. in moderation. instead of eating a whole cake you have a piece. instead of a whole large pizza have a slice or two.
    This is the only part of your post that makes sense and I fully support you try THIS. The rest of that rubbish just toss and forget you ever read it.

Has anyone ever tried this diet?? I start Monday
    the moderation diet? yeah- lots of people- it works out really well for them.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

Strong first post. In a four year old thread.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

WOW.
    MOTEHRTRUCKER

I got necroed- I totally missed that.
    DAMmmmmmmNIT
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options

WOW.
    MOTEHRTRUCKER

I got necroed- I totally missed that.
    DAMmmmmmmNIT

:laugh:
  • Longtounge69
    Options
    Wow I just started a war lol