Replies

• txteachermom
    txteachermom Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my goal weight is 180.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 9 1/2"...currently 182. Based on wrist measurement, I am medium frame. Healthy BMI is 127-171 for me. I am aiming somewhere between 140 and 160...I have to see what I look and feel like once I am in the healthy range. Body composition makes a huge difference.

Don't know if you ever looked at this site, but you can search for pics of people at different heights and weights. I am amazed at how different two people can look despite being exactly the same height and weight...how you carry it really matters. http://www.mybodygallery.com/search.html?gender=female&height=178&age=any&weight=any&pantSize=any&shirtSize=any&bodytype=
  • fit_206
    fit_206 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm large for my personal normal right now and I'm 160 lbs at 5'10.5".... Every body is different. My healthy normal is 140 lbs or so. And no I don't look like a skeleton at that weight. Just go with you how you feel when you get there!
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'10, I weight 210 lbs and my current goal weight is 170. The lowest weight I've been as an adult was 183 and I found I definitely 'carried it well' as I have a medium or large size frame. I figure I can adjust my goal if I'm not satisfied when I get closer! And by then maybe I will have a performance related goal rather than just a #.

Women with similar heights and goals please add me for support :)
  • Jilliankosto
    Jilliankosto Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Graelwyn75 wrote: »
    I'm 5'10 and also think that 150 is too low for our height. A good weight on my body shape is 160 lbs.

150 lbs would be not only too skinny but also hard to maintain. Your daily calorie allowance would be low to maintain such a low weight. Do you want to live on a low daily calorie requirement for the rest of your life?

what utter rubbish. I eat between 2400 and 3000 calories a day to maintain 131 Ibs, let alone 150. In what strange universe is 150 skinny, even at this height ? It is well within a normal BMI range.

I wish I could be 131 eating 2400 calories!! I eat 1450 cals/day and I'm stuck in the low 160's the scale doesn't seem to budge! I know what 135 looks like on 5'10" frame and I don't think it looks bad or too skinny but that's me. Apparently Taylor Swift is 5'11" and 119lbs. Now I don't know if that is true but I read that somewhere online. I don't think she looks anorexic or unhealthy but she definitely looks very thin.
  • SnackySnackPants
    SnackySnackPants Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    5'10 and I think 140-150 would be my goal. That was my average weight before I started eating my emotions. My sister is a little taller and about that weight.

Though my goal is just to fit into my size 6/8 pants that I was then, no matter what the scale says. I'd like to be a lot stronger, too. So I guess my goal is size and being able to crush somebody with a bear hug!