Tone it Up Plan, H E L P!!!!

Options
Seriously considering buying this plan, I have read the threads on here and I STILL cant decide. I just really want to see the plan with my own eyes. Ive done hours of research online and seen TIU blogs and reviews but they're too vague or just a recipe or two. Would anyone be wiling to share their plan with me? I am willing to pay $20 for a copy. It doesn't matter which version you have, because if I like it well enough I am definitely going to join the program.

Please don't respond with nutrition advice or try to steer me away, I know plenty about nutrition, and I am right now interested in this particular program.

If you want to share, please let me know as soon as possible!!!!!! Thank you :smile:

Replies

• LessHeavyVeggie
    LessHeavyVeggie Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I don't really know anything about the plan, so can't help much, but I did a youtube search and found they have a channel, so maybe you can try some of the stuff on there and see how you get on with it?

http://www.youtube.com/user/ToneItUpcom
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Advise? I know nothing about TIU, but soliciting sales from other members (as either buyer or seller) is against TOS of this forum. Just a friendly FYI. You may want to edit your post, to remove the offending text. Or wait until someone reports your post and it is removed:flowerforyou:
  • KBmoments
    KBmoments Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hey! I think I can help. I bought the nutrition plan and honestly, I hardly use it. Their premise is eating certain foods at certain times of days (IE No dairy or fruit after lunch, ONLY lean protein and veggies for dinner, etc.). I Found it too restricting and complicated. I would stress if I ate a piece of fruit after 3pm.... so dumb! They also do not advocate any processed foods , but they do say 'live your life and keep things in moderation' by giving you some cocktail recipes. I find it easier to just go on pinterest and search for clean eating recipes, b/c basically that is what they promote. Overall, I didn't really lose weight because they say you don't need to count calories, just eat clean. Not true... I recently began my fitness pal and just watched calories.. lost 7lbs in a month 1/2.... Never lost any real significant weight with TIU. I think their plan is pretty healthy and definitely good for you, but it is just not necessary for weightloss. Hope that helps!
  • thefitnessdiaries
    Options
    Advise? I know nothing about TIU, but soliciting sales from other members (as either buyer or seller) is against TOS of this forum. Just a friendly FYI. You may want to edit your post, to remove the offending text. Or wait until someone reports your post and it is removed:flowerforyou:

Yikes, I didnt mean to "offend" Im not pitching anything. I apologise.
  • thefitnessdiaries
    Options
    Hey! I think I can help. I bought the nutrition plan and honestly, I hardly use it. Their premise is eating certain foods at certain times of days (IE No dairy or fruit after lunch, ONLY lean protein and veggies for dinner, etc.). I Found it too restricting and complicated. I would stress if I ate a piece of fruit after 3pm.... so dumb! They also do not advocate any processed foods , but they do say 'live your life and keep things in moderation' by giving you some cocktail recipes. I find it easier to just go on pinterest and search for clean eating recipes, b/c basically that is what they promote. Overall, I didn't really lose weight because they say you don't need to count calories, just eat clean. Not true... I recently began my fitness pal and just watched calories.. lost 7lbs in a month 1/2.... Never lost any real significant weight with TIU. I think their plan is pretty healthy and definitely good for you, but it is just not necessary for weightloss. Hope that helps!

This is incredibly helpful. See, I was mislead by bloggers saying they ate fruit after dinner. I was wondering about fruit, a lot of people cut it out when trying to lose. But me, I want to have a diet that is a lifestyle and I love fruit, so before while doing high protein low carb diets I was miserable never having any fruit except for on a cheat. I know enough to not go crazy with fruit (sugar) but I feel really great when I have them......As for TIU, I am ADD and I need that kind of structure, otherwise I wont stick with it. I log everything so I should stay in my calorie goals, and have a plan to stick with for the long haul. Thanks for your help!!!
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've got your own answer. Seriously, I would think a plan that advocates limiting a food group you enjoy and feel good eating may backfire for you. Fruit is great (ha, although I don't care for it--please, don't beat me--more for you, lol!), and barring any medical reason, there's no need to worry much about your sugar intake (from the fruit).

Actually, we can adjust what nutrients show up on the diary page, and I don't even have sugar (or sodium, for that matter) as numbers I track too closely, since I know the majority of sugar and sodium in my diet comes from naturally occurring sources (well, except when it's Taco Bell, oops--I regret nothing, lol).

If you're reasonable about your goals and moderate in your food choices (sounds like you are), using MFP and consistent logging will be YOUR plan, tailored by you. Best of luck!