net calories???

Options
When you do reports and then looking at "nutrition", why does it only say I had 800 calories on one of the days? Does that mean I had a day with only 800 worthy calories?

Replies

• PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    When you do reports and then looking at "nutrition", why does it only say I had 800 calories on one of the days? Does that mean I had a day with only 800 worthy calories?
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Because you burned the rest off. Net calories calculates the calories you took in - the calories you excercised off. If your caloric intake is supposed to be 1300 for example, you ate 1300, but burned off 500 and didn't eat anything to replace them.
  • melissa73
    melissa73 Posts: 368
    Options
    If you had worked out that day and logged it. It subtracts the workout calories. That is why MFP recommends that you eat it. I check my reports all the time to make sure that I eat all my calories. It helps to see it for me...:laugh: good luck. Melissa
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    So are you saying I need to eat more? I remember being mungry that day! I really appreciate you helping me with this...I am learning so much! Thanks!:smile:
  • TK421NotAtPost
    TK421NotAtPost Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    If by chance you want a report with total calories without regard to the calories you "earned" via exercise, just scroll down under the "Choose Report" option and select "Calories" (instead of the default "Net Calories").
  • melissa73
    Options
    You probably should have eaten a little more. But one day may not have made that big of a difference. Just try not to do it every day then you body will definitely be in starvation mode. I don't always eat my exercise calories but I do eat most of them. I don't have a HRM so I don't know my calories are on the mark but I try to stay pretty close.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    So are you saying I need to eat more? I remember being mungry that day! I really appreciate you helping me with this...I am learning so much! Thanks!:smile:

To answer your question, yes, that is too low. Unless you are 4'5" 800 calories will not sustain you. Do that for more then 2 or 3 days and your body will really go into survival mode overdrive, it will start retaining every calorie it can as fat, and you will be sabotaging your own efforts.
  • melissa73
    Options
    Listen to Banks he is awsome with this kind of stuff. He has some really good post that will explain alot to....:smile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition