Slimmer legs

I am currently 117 from 130 in the winter, I used to weigh 110 and felt most comfortable with myself. My old calorie intake was 1,200 because that's what I needed to lose weight, but that is where I went wrong, I thought that's what I needed to be eating rather than the net (burning those calories to get to 1,200) so recently I moved my calorie intake to around 1,400 - 1,500, my bmr is 1,267. I am physically active 5-6 days a week going to the gym Monday arms, Tuesday yoga, Wednesday legs, Thursday arms, Friday legs, and I usually run on sat. My gym day usually is 5 min warm up cardio, 45 strength, then recently 30 mins cardio at end. I also switched back to less weights more reps from heavy and less reps in the winter, which I found didn't do anything for me but built up my muscle mass and didn't create a lean figure for me. My goal is to get back to 110 but I also want to slim down my legs and make them look appealing, they were always muscular but never appealing or fully leaned out and now I have muscle plus the fat from winter, how do I slim them down with an increased diet while still maintaining strength training, I recently started this new routine, should I give it some time to see results, will I see results ? Please give me any tips or advice thank you!

Replies

• queenierz
    queenierz Posts: 210 Member
    got the same problem here... even though my legs are stronger, but my mom keeps complaining how "thick" it becomes because of the muscles...
  • siobhanmarie440
    siobhanmarie440 Posts: 149 Member
    Aww, the last place i need to lose weight, is on my legs, but thats where its coming off, i maybe need to keep my lower body super still, maybe get someone to carry me around : ) (someone very strong lol)
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Are you sure you need to be slimmer there? Once you get down to weight, legs are kind of what they are. How they look depends a lot of their length and being shapely. Many people find musclely thighs and calves very attractive. It's rare you get musclely ankles, so to make legs shapely, you build up calf and thigh muscles, so the knee and ankle look thinner.

And wear heels. I don't, but that is exactly what they're made for. They make your legs look longer and shapelier because your calf muscles stick out and your ankles look thin.

Also, some clothes make legs look better than others. Go for those.
  • MyRummyHens
    MyRummyHens Posts: 141 Member
    I'm struggling here. You are eating at a calorie deficit only you are getting physically bigger? You know it takes us girls a long time plus calorie surplus to put on just 1lb of muscle? You can't gain any significant (or arguably any at all) muscle on a calorie deficit unless you are starting from a point of obesity, which clearly you aren't.

I'm tiny (96-98lb) and active and I need to average 2400 calories per day to maintain my weight. I'd drop 2lb a week on 1400 calories. Are you sure that you are eating enough? When I work out too hard for the amount of food I've eaten I find that my muscles really hold onto a LOT of water which gives the appearance of "bulk" but the reality is that when I increase my calories and my water intake it drops off, the scale drops and the measurement drops.