cantaloupe and fat free ham

Wow this was a great combination and low in fat and calories.

Replies

• cindyfaye
    cindyfaye Posts: 72
    Wow this was a great combination and low in fat and calories.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    I actually found out about this over the weekend! Canteloupe and honeydew with a slice of prosciutto.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Um... that's an interesting combination. I've heard of pineaple and ham, but canteloupe and ham?

how's that on pizza? :glasses:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    I used some turkey-ham in a souffle this weekend. Wasn't too bad. :smile:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    No idea :) We had it at my grad party, it was made by a CIA (culinary institute of america, not the spook guys) chef.

Basically the salty from the ham cuts down on the sweetness and they complement one another really well.
  • cindyfaye
    cindyfaye Posts: 72
    In a previous time in my life I was a banquet manager and a very popular hors de voure was honey dew melon and prosciutto ham. I thought prosciutto was high in calories and I had fat free ham and cantelope so that was lunch.

Not sure if I'd have canteloupe on pizza. . .but stranger things have happenen.
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Almost every christmas since I was little we have had prosciutto wrapped around cantaloupe as hors dourves. It is actually a very good way to have kids help wrapping all those melons and sticking them with toothpicks. It was always one of the dishes I looked forward to.
  • uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    a little drizzle of balsamic vinegar on the cantaloupe and ham takes it to a whole new level too.

Mmmm.