never leaving the house

Hey everyone! I'm really want to start working out at home. I have some free weights and resistance bands. I have p90x turbo fire and T25 along with insanity. I would love to hear from those of you that do work out home why you love it and any tips or advice you might have. :)

Replies

• pixiesgreene
    pixiesgreene Posts: 88 Member
    Hey there! I love to work out at home. I once had a gym membership, but then I did a budget and figured out that it was my second largest expense after rent. Seriously! I also hated the way that the trip to and from the gym made it harder to fit into a busy day.

I haven't done any of those videos, I love Jillian Michaels ones. I have a Tony Horton one, Power 90. I'm looking to add some new videos to my collection, tho! Do you have any others you like?

I also run in the streets around my house. I guess that's technically leaving the house, but it's still so much easier to motivate myself to run around the block than to go somewhere else. I used mapmyrun to plot routes in my neighbourhood that are 1, 2, and 3 kilometers. I time myself so that I can see if I'm getting faster! Eventually I want to have 4, 5, even 10K routes!
  • heyitsnicolelee
    heyitsnicolelee Posts: 39 Member
    I workout both at home and in the gym. At home, I do Zumba for the Wii and absolutely love it! DVDs would work just as well I'm sure. I also have the Jillian Michaels DVDs, which I do sometimes but try to avoid because they are hard to follow at times. I also will pull up You Tube video workouts to do once in awhile.
  • pdank311
    pdank311 Posts: 137 Member
    I love it because you get in, get out, and done. You don't have to interact with anyone / wait / etc. Just kill it when I get home from work and get on with my night.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I work out at home, i've done insanity and am currently doing P90X3, which i LOVE!
  • jackjb2
    jackjb2 Posts: 83 Member
    Joined a 24 hr gym and love the flexibility of going anytime. Inexpensive also. Better equipment and well maintained
  • http://www.blogilates.com/

Thanks to Cassey Ho, I never have to leave the house to work out (except for running). I really enjoy following the calendar. It takes the thinking out of it. Best part... it's totally free!
  • KarenB927
    KarenB927 Posts: 94 Member
    I work out at home because if I had to leave the house and drive somewhere to work out, I would never go. I tried an exercise class for a couple months, but hated having to drive there and then back home when I was done. Plus, at home, it's just a matter of walking upstairs to my workout area, and mentally I can hear the workout calling out my name, "Karen, come upstairs and work out". LOL.