Question

ok,so I have been on the Phen for one week now.I haven't really lost any weight but I am exercising and eating low fat and low carbs.Drinking plenty of water but I can't see where I have lost any weight on the scale but my husband says he sees it and my clothes do fit different.Am I doing something wrong? I don't feel the "high" I first got but I have burst of energy in the afternoon and I am thirsty all the time.I'm I doing something wrong?

Replies

• lavendy17
    lavendy17 Posts: 309 Member
    I don't know what Phen is, but 1 week is not an indicator. Give it some time.
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 929 Member
    I don't know what Phen is, but 1 week is not an indicator. Give it some time.
    if you mean phentermine, then no. Do not give it time. Get off of it.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    It's only been a week.

if you mean phentermine, then no. Do not give it time. Get off of it.

And this. Eat less than you burn, don't take something that makes you "high" to lose weight.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Why are you doing low carb AND low fat?
  • Odinisgod
    Odinisgod Posts: 46 Member
    If you are exercising more and eating less calories than you were before, assuming you were previously maintaining your weight, you will start to lose weight, that's just a fact.

If you start a new exercise routine, especially if you were previously sedentary, your body will retain additional water the first couple of weeks. The effect can be that you don't see the scale budge, or even it may go up. Do not get discouraged by this, and keep at it. Eventually you will see a chunk of weight "whoosh" off, over a day or two, when your body finally decides to let go of the water. Drinking extra water can help act as a diuretic, and speed that process up.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Am I doing something wrong?

Yes, you're taking phentermine.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member

and eating low fat and low carbs
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Yeah why would you take that stuff and honestly 1 week is not enough time for anything for you to see a difference.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member

so-much-THIS-fireworks.gif
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Why are you doing low carb AND low fat?

This ^^ How low is low? Your body needs something other than protein.
  • oneloopygirl
    oneloopygirl Posts: 151 Member
    I would strongly encourage you to get away from diet pills and supplements. I hope you're doctor didn't recommend that to you. In looking at your profile, you already have a health issues and are on meds for those. You don't need some crazy supplement interacting with your meds and causing you more problems.

I also question the logic in low-carb and low-fat? You're body needs fuel and a healthy balance of fat, protein, and good carbs. I think you could probably benefit from a visit with a nutritionist as well, who can help you find a healthy plan for you given your thyroid issues and other meds you are.

Eating right, exercise and keeping your meds regulated will be your friend.