Turbo Fire finishers?

Amy_B
Amy_B Posts: 2,317 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I want to get TF for Christmas. I am currently using ChaLean Extreme. I probably have 10-20 pounds I could still lose, but I am mostly concerned with firming up at this point. Based on your results, do you think this might help me get to my goal (scale and/or firming up)? I have been plateaued since January. Thanks!

Also, if you want to post your results, that would be awesome!

Replies

• telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Hi Amy!

I just finished week 16 (1st month of advanced TF workouts) and to date have lost 15 lbs and a bunch of inches all over. I highly recommend you getting it...I think it's Chalene's best workout program and I've previously completed Turbo Jam and Chalean Extreme. I plan to start a TF/CLX hybrid once I finish this last month.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Sharon
  • Amy_B
    Thanks, Sharon! Actually, I do have a couple of questions. Does TF have any strength aspects to it? Do you think I could handle jumping in right away with the TF/CLX hybrid, or should I do TF all by itself first?
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    I, personally, would do the hybrid program. It's INCREDIBLE, provides great variety, and I believe 100% that in order to lose weight, you MUST lift weights. There are two strength workouts (Tone 30 and Sculpt 30) that come with the basic TF program, and they're both quite good, but I think the CLX strength workouts are so good that to truly benefit, you need to do the hybrid. The hybrid program also starts relatively 'slowly.' It utilizes more CLX workouts in the first few weeks than TF, then builds you up to the harder workouts. By week 15, you'll be amazed at how much more equipped your body is to handle the longer, more intense workouts.
  • Amy_B
    I, personally, would do the hybrid program. It's INCREDIBLE, provides great variety, and I believe 100% that in order to lose weight, you MUST lift weights. There are two strength workouts (Tone 30 and Sculpt 30) that come with the basic TF program, and they're both quite good, but I think the CLX strength workouts are so good that to truly benefit, you need to do the hybrid. The hybrid program also starts relatively 'slowly.' It utilizes more CLX workouts in the first few weeks than TF, then builds you up to the harder workouts. By week 15, you'll be amazed at how much more equipped your body is to handle the longer, more intense workouts.
    Thanks!!!
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Thanks, Sharon! Actually, I do have a couple of questions. Does TF have any strength aspects to it? Do you think I could handle jumping in right away with the TF/CLX hybrid, or should I do TF all by itself first?

Amy - TF does include strength training but uses bands instead of weights (although on another thread others have said they use weights instead of the bands for a better burn). I think you could definitely handle the hybrid, especially if you've done weight training before. While TF's primary design is based on high intensity cardio intervals, Chalene includes strength training, core and ab work, and stretching/yoga in the overall program. By including CLX instead of TF strength training you may be able to boost your muscle production because of the heavier weights. The bigger question is whether building muscles or losing fat is your primary goal. If it's the former then I'd go with they hybrid; however, if it's the latter then I'd do pure TF and then move on to the hybrid...but that's just my personal opinion.

Hope that helps!
    Sharon
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Actually, I have been thinking about doing the hybrid also - does anyone have a copy of the hybrid schedule that they can send me so I can review it to help decide?

I have to disagree with doing straight TF to lose fat. Muscle requires more calories to maintain, which means that it boosts your metabolism, which means that you are burning calories all day long, even when sitting still.

Amy, I would pursue the hybrid, especially since you've already worked so hard to build muscle with CLX - you'd want to preserve your muscle and even build on it. The bonus that TF is going to offer is the HIIT workouts, which will boost your calorie burn - and of course, any new workout from Chalene Johnson has got to be a blast!! :bigsmile:
  • Amy_B
    Thanks for the replies, ladies! I'm supposed to be getting a hybrid schedule that's slightly different from the one that comes with TF. I will send it on if it looks good. :smile:
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Thanks for the replies, ladies! I'm supposed to be getting a hybrid schedule that's slightly different from the one that comes with TF. I will send it on if it looks good. :smile:

One of the BB coaches also sent me an alternate hybrid schedule - I don't know if it is the same one you are getting, but I'd be glad to forward it on. PM me your email address if you'd like me to send it to you!

I'd still like to see the actual hybrid schedule that comes with TF, if anyone can forward it to me or has a link to it somewhere?
  • Amy_B

One of the BB coaches also sent me an alternate hybrid schedule - I don't know if it is the same one you are getting, but I'd be glad to forward it on. PM me your email address if you'd like me to send it to you!

I'd still like to see the actual hybrid schedule that comes with TF, if anyone can forward it to me or has a link to it somewhere?
    I just noticed I posted on the same BeachBody thread as you to get the hybrid. I sent you a PM though. How funny!
This discussion has been closed.