office party treats

Options
2»

Replies

• ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Can never go wrong with fruit ....particularly melons. Honey dew, watermelon, cantaloupe are all in season. So are blueberries, strawberries, kiwis, mangos, pineapples, grapes. Mix it all up into a nice big fruit salad.

/thread
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    This Friday? The 4th of July? For real?

I'd either do a red white and blue fruit bowl with strawberries, blueberries, and banana slices or get some big juicy strawberries, dip them 2/3 of the way in almond bark, then dust the bottom third with blue sprinkles and have red white and blue strawberries. But those cucumber cups sound like the bomb!

Looks like she's not in the USA.

I like most of the ideas. Popsicles and Jell-O poke cake are my least favorites -- if someone brought that I'd be like eww -- but hey, that would be great for some people who wanna avoid these really yummy sounding things eh?! haha
  • Melonpaul
    Melonpaul Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I like making bite size muffins or cupcakes for office food (my work has a potluck at least once a month)

http://www.bobsredmill.com/recipes.php?recipe=781&print=true

^^^ This recipe is my favorite, it's high in fiber and healthly. You can also subsitute the brown sugar for agave or honey if you want. If you have a juicer, I would suggest throwing the apples and carrots into the juicer instead of shredding it all by hand.
  • naptowngirl4
    naptowngirl4 Posts: 204
    Options
    Individual small portions(1/2 cup portions) of frozen yogurt or sorbet with some toppings(sprinkles,dark chocolate chips,gummy bears,etc) from a local frozen shop. Low calorie & delicious!
  • Cindyloo01
    Cindyloo01 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    This is awesome... People at work request it all the time and is really really good with baked tortilla chips or I have used green and red pepper strips.. Hope you like it..

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/07/skinny-taco-dip.html

This is my daughter Karina's favorite dip, which she has nicknamed "the stuff". It's easy to prepare and everyone always wants the recipe when they try it. Serve it at your next party with your favorite baked tortilla chips and play around with the toppings – try jalapeños, scallions or avocados.

Skinny Taco Dip
    Servings: 24 • Serving Size: 1/24th of dip • Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 2 pts
    Calories: 59.2 • Fat: 3.6 g • Protein: 2.2 g • Carb: 4.7 g • Fiber: 0.6 g

Ingredients:
    8 oz 1/3 less fat Philadelphia cream cheese
    8 oz reduced fat sour cream
    16 oz jar mild salsa
    1/2 packet taco seasoning
    2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded fine
    2 large tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
    1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
    2.25 oz sliced black olives

Directions:

In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, salsa and taco seasoning and mix well with an electric mixer. Spread on the bottom of a large shallow glass dish. Top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheese and black olives. Serve with baked tortilla chips.

We have an office party at work tomorrow and this is perfect! I just made a double batch of it and tried it. It is AWESOME! And light.