Done being the fat girl

Options
nboyl9543
nboyl9543 Posts: 14 Member
Hello! My name is Noelle. I am 23 years old and live in the beautiful Appalachian mountains. I am done being fat. I have been fat all of my life! I have probably gained and lost a total of 200 pounds in the past 10 years. I have always been a yo-yo dieter and have always rushed to lose weight. I was always one to rush to lose 20 pounds before a vacation, wedding, yearbook photos, etc. I'm DONE. I have finally decided to do it the healthy way. I am making it my goal for this to be my year of success. The year of 2014-2015 that is. I will finally graduate from college in May of 2015 and hopefully land my dream job. I am then getting married to my amazingly, supportive boyfriend in the fall of 2015. I do not want to be a fat bride. I want to feel absolutely beautiful on my wedding day as all girls do. That's why I am starting early. So I will have plenty of time to reach my goal weight of 160-170 by my wedding day, and at a healthy pace. I will then have learned healthy eating and exercise habits that I can keep for life and hopefully keep the weight off forever!

Replies

• CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Hi Noelle

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Take a look at this link. Lots of info to get you started.

Add me as a friend if you like.

Cindy
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hi Noelle! I live in NC in the foothills of the Appalachians :) . Good for you for wanting to do things the healthy way! Feel free to add me!
  • woodml1
    woodml1 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    College in Appalachia... if you're at Ohio University watch out for the Spring Quarter Fests! Alcohol is a HUGE roadblock to weight loss success. (I say this as a Bobcat too... no judgement!)
  • nboyl9543
    Options
    Thanks for the support and tips everyone! @woodml1 Luckily, I'm not much of a drinker! I've always heard it's not good for weight loss!
  • hncall01
    hncall01 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi Noelle! I'm the same way with yo-yo dieting!! I am right there with you about not wanting to be the fat girl or fat friend of the group anymore. I'm on a mission to do it right this time as well. No crash dieting or anything crazy, but just trying to eat cleaner and keep myself motivated by being on here and to exercise more! I'm sure we can totally reach our goal! Would love to have you as a friend!!
  • nboyl9543
    Options
    Oh I know we can do it! This is our time to shine! :)
  • mnikkim
    mnikkim Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Noelle! Congrats on your up coming graduation. Good luck with your weight loss adventure. Just remember eating healthy doesn't have to be boring. Try new recipes and tweak them to your caloric goals!
  • StacyPhillipsTSFLcoach
    Options
    Welcome! You can do it! I love that you want to create health in your life!
  • DanielleH1213
    DanielleH1213 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi Noelle! I came to the same realization in March. The only regret that I have is that I didn't come to the realization last year before my wedding. Now I am determined to get into shape for myself and my husband. I want to be a healthy sexy wife and a hot mama (when the time comes). Its great that you have made the decision to do it slow and steady and make it a permanent change. I have lost 26 lbs since the end of March. There are some days where it feels like it is taking forever and I get frustrated. But then there are the days when I get to wear super cute pants that have never really fit quite right (like today :drinker: ). Only advice...just keep going. If you have a bad day or a few bad days just start fresh and keep going. Its worth it
  • Samer1Q
    Samer1Q Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi Noelle! Welcome! It is fantastic that you've made this committed to yourself! You're worth it! I know you can do it! Best of luck!

Add me as a friend if you would like :-)
  • BrittanyOlguin3
    Options
    Agreed oy yo dieter all the way! It's horrible! Excited for change!
  • andreea_2010
    andreea_2010 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Helloo ... Good luck with loosing kilos...:smile:
  • 247Vero
    247Vero Posts: 1
    Options
    Same thing here, done being fat. I've been a yo-yo dieter my whole life and it was always a consolation that eh I could just take diet pills or the latest diet promotional crap and I would lose the weight... every time gaining a bit more than the last time. I am depressed and fed up and just done with it. I"m 5'2 and weigh about 210lbs, my back and hips are in constant pain from carrying the 80+ lbs of unwanted weight on my body . The bigger I get the more depressed, secluded and defeated I feel. My worst nightmare is being that extremely overweight person that needs to get around on a scooter because my body can no longer carry me... I always tell my kids that whatever it is they want in life it's up to them to reach their goals... the amount of effort they put in is what they will get in return, if at first you don't succeed try and try again and one day it will make sense. Time to not just talk the talk but actually walk the walk.
  • Cheekies_
    Cheekies_ Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Hi Noelle! I'm Julie, from Tennessee. I started doing this because I was tired of being the fat mama among all the other mama's. I don't take myself too seriously but I am serious about getting my **** together. I think it's so much easier to do it with friends. Feel free to add me! We can support each other and have some laughs too!
  • amyenman1
    amyenman1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    hi is amyenman97833330821 my cell phone