Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Did I actually gain all of that weight?

I just came back from a 3 day trip to the beach with my friends. As soon as I got home today I weighed myself to see that I had gained five pounds in just three days. I didn't eat that much and I tried to eat somewhat healthy(while letting myself indulge). Did I actual gain five pounds in just three days or is there another explanation? It's very frustrating because I've worked so hard to lose ten pounds (I just joined my fitness pal but I used to weigh 140 pounds) and I gained back half of that!

Replies

• itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    unless you ate an extra 17500 calories in 3 days, no - you didn't. eating out and eating more probably mean there's more food still in your system that you haven't excreted yet, and also it usually means more sodium, which probably means more water weight.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    I doubt you ate 17,500 calories in 3 days. More likely water retention. Give it a week or two before letting the scale bring you down. At least, that's how long it takes me if I go a little free with calories for a few days :P
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    A lot of it may be water weight, for some reason I tend to swell when I travel. To gain 5 pounds in 3 days would mean that you ate or drank an additional 17,000 + calories in that short period which is hard to believe.
  • Mykaelous
    Mykaelous Posts: 231 Member
    I just came back from a 3 day trip to the beach with my friends. As soon as I got home today I weighed myself to see that I had gained five pounds in just three days. I didn't eat that much and I tried to eat somewhat healthy(while letting myself indulge). Did I actual gain five pounds in just three days or is there another explanation? It's very frustrating because I've worked so hard to lose ten pounds (I just joined my fitness pal but I used to weigh 140 pounds) and I gained back half of that!

Wait a week and then ask that question again.
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    I highly doubt it, like others have said you would have had to eat/drink in excess 25,000 + calories in 3 days to gain that much fat.
  • After being really healthy today I have already "lost " three pounds of my vacation weight. I guess I just have to keep being healthy and not lose my motivation! (Although that can be easy to do)
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    I sometimes gain 5 lbs in just a day, you also have your menstrual cycle that causes fluctuations
  • cookfit10
    cookfit10 Posts: 35
    To start with you look amazing. But every time I get back from a vacation I use 3-day refresh to get back on track
  • Thanks so much for all of the help! I've been working really hard and the support helps a lot!!
  • This is weird buy sometimes after swimming a lot I weigh more for a few days. that could play a part combined with sodium/what everyone already said. I wouldn't stress. :)