do you get headaches?

Options
csplatt
csplatt Posts: 1,023 Member
I don't have much weight to lose this time around, just trying to put back on some muscle and burn a little fat, so I have only been back at counting for three days now. However, I have had terrible headaches each day I tracked. Lasts most of the day. I am eating more than 1200 calories but tomorrow I am going to cut out the caffeine and up to more like 1400. I have had this problem in the past when counting calories as well.

anyone else?

Replies

• Mykaelous
    Mykaelous Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I don't have much weight to lose this time around, just trying to put back on some muscle and burn a little fat, so I have only been back at counting for three days now. However, I have had terrible headaches each day I tracked. Lasts most of the day. I am eating more than 1200 calories but tomorrow I am going to cut out the caffeine and up to more like 1400. I have had this problem in the past when counting calories as well.

anyone else?

Are you getting all of your micro/macro nutrients?
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I suffer from headache often mainly a combinations of lots of computer screens and copius amounts of caffeine. I cut down of the amount of coffee I drank at work and I don't get them as often now.
  • littlefoot612
    littlefoot612 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I made the mistake of going off caffeine cold turkey and had a major headache for 3 or 4 days. Switch over to decaf drinks gradually.
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I have terrible chronic migraines at least 15 times a month. I even had changes on my MRI from having had them for so many years.
    I now take two BP pills for prophylaxis. Still get basically as many but at least the abortive medicine now works. I take Zomig to abort a headache.
    My triggers are foods, different alcohols, neck pain and glare or flashing lights. Stress. I broke my neck in 2001 and between that and hormonal changes, they just get worse.
    For new onset severe headache it's important to see a doctor and preferably, see a neurologist at least once. A CT or preferably MRI should be done to rule out aneurysms, tumors and hydrocephalus.
    I have had a 40 year old patient and two 20 year olds that developed hydrocephalus ( Arnold Chiari) and required surgery. It's not just a childhood illness.