Breaking a fast but staying in ketosis?

Hi, I am currently on a water fast (including 0 calorie vitamin waters) because i have an event coming up this Friday night where I will be seeing people I haven't seen in a while, so I wanted to lose as much weight/fat as possible before then. I've been on the fast since Sunday night, so almost 72 hours. The problem is, I have a party on Saturday night and I want to be able to eat some carbs such as popcorn, and I don't know how I should go about breaking the fast in order to be able to do that...I have fasted before so I know you have to start off slow with easy to digest foods. But all of the foods suggested seem to be fruit related, and those have carbs which would kick me out of ketosis. I am in a high level of ketosis right now according to the test strips, and I don't want that to stop yet. So are there any foods I can eat today that are low calorie, very low carb, and easy enough to digest? Would egg whites be ok or would the dairy be irritating/dangerous to digest? I know it is not suggested to have dairy right away after fasting but that seems to be mostly for longer fasts so would it be ok for me? Or are there any vegetables I can eat that would keep me in ketosis? Also, if you think my fast was short enough that breaking the fast isnt required today if I want to eat carbs on Saturday, please let me know when the is the best time to break it instead (tomorrow, Friday, or Saturday) and what foods I should eat then, etc. Thank you for all suggestions and I'm sorry if this was a confusing question, I'm just very desperate to lose as much as possible by Friday, and now Saturday is an obstacle in my way. Please help!

Replies

• This entire concept it ridiculous. But I would mainly like to point out that there is no dairy in egg whites.
    Please go see a doctor or something D:
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Yeah this sound like a stupid idea, water fast?
  • daynerz
    daynerz Posts: 227 Member
    Fasts are great, I am just ending a 40hr one. I am breaking it with almonds. Egg whites perhaps are great, vegetables or protien
  • crisb2
    crisb2 Posts: 329 Member
    I don't think this is a serious post, so here's a little something for you... enjoy!

8x77dhj2wki1.jpg
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    MrM27 wrote: »
    daynerz wrote: »
    Fasts are great, I am just ending a 40hr one. I am breaking it with almonds. Egg whites perhaps are great, vegetables or protien

You bumped a thread from July for that? *facepalm*

You just made me choke on my brownie.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member

I want a brownie :(
  • ScottDowell
    ScottDowell Posts: 95 Member
    This post is not finding informative, that can help the folks for their health and fitness.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    ana3067 wrote: »

I want a brownie :(
    I want a brownie with ice cream on top!