Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Calories

It's been a couple of days since I started and I seem to end each day with around 1000 calories remaining. Is this normal? I'm not starving myself or anything. I take 30 mins exercise per day.

Replies

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,300 Member
    It's been a couple of days since I started and I seem to end each day with around 1000 calories remaining. Is this normal? I'm not starving myself or anything. I take 30 mins exercise per day.

No, it's not normal. You are supposed to eat your calories. Open your diary so people can make suggestions and get a better idea as of what is going on.
  • Oh ok, i'll do that, thanks. :-)
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 925 Member
    Or you have your calorie intake too high to start with
  • My daily goal is 2190. I'm currently 348lbs and sedentary. I bike 30 mins per day.
  • AdrianBry
    AdrianBry Posts: 138 Member
    good for you! if you have 1000 calories left and you're not hungry then more power to you.

its common sense. the less you eat = the faster you will lose weight. You're not going to lose weight slower or sabatage your weight loss in any way by freaking out and eating leftover calories (or forcing yourself to eat more)

the only instance that it might be bad for you is IF you are hungry and you are constantly dreaming of food (which you are not) but with all that said...

I would still triple check to make sure you are tracking your calories correctly but like I said...

if you are not hungry then don't SLOOOWW down yoru weight loss by forcing yourself to eat
  • Thanks. I think I'm tracking correctly. Every single thing I eat or drink is logged and when I log my exercise, I tend to always understate what I've done (e.g "standard" exercise bike session instead of "vigorous" although it feels vigorous to me!). Had pretty severe sugar withdrawal yesterday but today it's ok.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,216 Member
    Unless you open your diary OP, people cannot really give constructive advice.