Dangit!

Options
Today was NOT a good day at all and I am beating myself up over it.

I never beat myself up over bad days. They are pretty rare, but I am bloated right now because of it.

Of course, I had a big day getting shopping done and stopped and got Subway. I was still under calories, but WHOA!? Sodium high much!? My God. I never eat so much sodium. I let that slide. We had plans to go out to eat with friends and my husband has wanted to go to this restaurant for a while. I drank SOOO much water there to help with all the sodium from Subway. I was chugging glass after glass. I also had to make up for not drinking water all day from running around. It was a buffet at this place and I ate from the salad bar. I had a few plates of salad and vegetables only. But now I just feel like complete crap! I hate myself. I am bloated and feel disgusting. UGH, I just can't wait to go to sleep and forget all about everything today. It sucks. I started crying mover it. Last weekend was a bad weekend in general with my parents in town and the MC Ball and now today obviously sucked. Tomorrow will be so much better!

Replies

• NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Every day is a new day! You get to start over! This day is done, nobody died, you survived it. Onward and forward!
  • jenn_18
    Options
    Dont beat yourself up over it! As you said, its something you rarely do and it seems you did the best you could on the run. It happens. Today may have not been the best, but tomorrow is a new day!!
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Don't let this one day ruin everything. Tomorrow's another day.

On the bloated feeling...I watched a recent episode of Dr. Oz and he was talking about the 6 top plagues of health problems for women. One of which was fluid retention. He said that taking a magnesium supplement everyday can help with that. About 200 mg. The pharmacist says taking a magnesium supplement is very mild, and won't hurt anything. (I found a bottle that has 250 mg pills) It's also pretty cheap. I've been taking it for almost two weeks now, and I have noticed a significant difference in fluid retention. I don't know if it was the magnesium, or me being sick with a bad cold and ear infection, or a combination of the two, but I lost 6 pounds the first week I took the magnesium. I just took one in the morning with breakfast and plenty of water. Good luck!!

Here is the link to that particular part of the episode: http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/6-health-plagues-women-pt-2

You can also view other parts from that same episode.
  • paulagabay
    Options
    I am surprised you felt bloated and fat after eating Subway. They have so many healthy options. Anyway don't beat yourself up. As you said "Tomorrow will be a better day"
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    It wasn't after Subway, but after I ate a bunch of salad and vegetables and downing glasses of water, I got really bloated.
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    If its just sodium drink some water. Wash it out.
  • ksimmons19
    ksimmons19 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    My bad days- particularly the crying bad days- usually don't involve anything NEAR subway or salads....I think you're doing OK if you consider those horrible things (no matter in what quantities) :) at least you didn't down a whole large pizza....as i like to do when I'm really bummed out then end up crying all night b/c of it
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    My bad days- particularly the crying bad days- usually don't involve anything NEAR subway or salads....I think you're doing OK if you consider those horrible things (no matter in what quantities) :) at least you didn't down a whole large pizza....as i like to do when I'm really bummed out then end up crying all night b/c of it

LOL, I understand that. I have just not been this bloated for a long time. I am unsure why I am so bloated, but it just depressed me and I thought of every little flaw I have which made me depressed about it.