What is Traderr Joes and where do I find it?

Options
New to the site and I keep seeing people referencing Trader Joes what is this brand and where do I find it. O yeah I'm in the boondocks of Oklahoma which may be why I haven't heard of this. Any suggestions?

Replies

• elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Www.traderjoes.com

It is a store that carries a wide variety of fresh and frozen foods.
  • angiemcgovern
    angiemcgovern Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Sadly, there are no Trader Joe's here in Oklahoma. It is a great grocery store; I hope we get one soon!
  • lwhod
    lwhod Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Do you have Aldi's - they also own Trader Joes
  • aneajo
    aneajo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Our closest Trader Joes is over 2 hours away :sad: Aldis doesn't carry the good stuff that Joes does tho. I wish, since I have 2 of them with in 15-20 min of my house. :noway:
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Whole Foods is another great natural/organic grocery store.
  • goingwithgrace
    goingwithgrace Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's is the greatest! I refuse to move to a city that doesn't have one. :tongue:
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's is the greatest! I refuse to move to a city that doesn't have one. :tongue:

me too, the pre-made steel cut oats are heaven. they have so much awesome stuff
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Do you have Aldi's - they also own Trader Joes

Wow really? I didn't know that, I always thought of Aldi as being kind of a dumpy discount store (I do shop there though, gotta love cheap groceries) and Tader Joe's as being more upscale, high class kinda food. Maybe my perception is based on the locations in which these stores are at in my area....where I live, no one can seem to shop at Aldi without taking along every family member they have, clogging up the aisles and being otherwise rude and obnoxious, lol.
  • kiekokay
    kiekokay Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Im so sorry you don't have one...it may be worth a move!!! :)
  • KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    New to the site and I keep seeing people referencing Trader Joes what is this brand and where do I find it. O yeah I'm in the boondocks of Oklahoma which may be why I haven't heard of this. Any suggestions?

I'm from OK too. Unfortunately, we don't have access to that cool stuff. K City might have it. But mainly its sold on the East coast. I sometimes document "Trader Joes" on my food diary but its only because I can't find the exact brand I am looking for on that particular food.
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    My hubby is from Oklahoma and when we moved to California he got a job with Trader Joe's. I hope they open one soon so we can transfer back out there. There is not a whisper of opening on there. It is a great store. My hubby has been with them for 8 years now and I just started shopping there when I lost my job the May before last. Don't know why I waited so long. Low calorie, wonderful food that is cheap!
  • JillTwiss
    JillTwiss Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Whole Foods is another great natural/organic grocery store.
    Whole Foods is great, but really expensive. Trader Joe's is extremely reasonably-priced.