Request for advice :)

Options
Hey guys! I could use some advice.

Two years ago, I started my weight loss journey at 230lbs. After around 4-5 months, I had lost 40 pounds. I don't remember exactly how I did it but I was in the gym probably 4 or 5 times a week on the elliptical for 30 minutes and ate around 1400 calories a day. This was just my own system, i wasn't following anyone elses guidelines. I used the calorie counting as a way to train my brain to understand that with any given amount of calories, I could eat a satisfying amount of healthy food or only a tiny bit of junk. It worked well for me and I started eating a lot healthier because of it.

So flashforward, and after those 4-5 months, I was at 190 and I stayed at 190 for about a year and a half maybe. I wasn't as motivated, and I just stopped thinking about it. I didn't gain any of the weight back though I also didn't lose anything. I just wasn't trying. Around February time, I decided I needed to get back into it so I found myself back on myfitnesspal (I had made one at some point in the past, but never used it) and started up again. I'm down 14 pounds since then, but i've been a steady 176 for the past 5 weeks now :/

Currently I aim to net around 1200 a day and exercise at least 3 nights a week which means walking/running intervals for about an hour, covering 4 miles total (when I started up again in February I was only walking, but recently I find my running has improved!). I also started doing crunches (75) , squats (45), and push-ups (25) every night.

Height: 5"3
SW: 230
CW: 176
GW: 135-145, will reasses as it gets closer to those numbers

I'd like to open this to you guys for opinions on what I could adjust to get me out of this rut, and speed up the process to get myself back into a steady weight loss rythem!

Replies

• mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Are you male or female and how old are you?
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    If you're stuck in a plateau, something needs to get changed up. I would also try to get back to eating at least 1400 cal/day. The problem with eating at the bottom of the range is if you get stuck, you don't have anywhere to cut from without eating too few calories. Also, try some more intense, targeted exercises 5-6 days/week. Keep the pace up in your workouts so your heart rate remains high. Also, don't stop at a certain number of pushups. Go until you cannot do more, and then try and hold plank. This style of exercising is more effective.

When you are having problems, generally it's tighten up your nutrition and/or push harder in your exercising.

Allan
  • heythatonekid
    Options
    Are you male or female and how old are you?

Female, 21

If you're stuck in a plateau, something needs to get changed up. I would also try to get back to eating at least 1400 cal/day. The problem with eating at the bottom of the range is if you get stuck, you don't have anywhere to cut from without eating too few calories. Also, try some more intense, targeted exercises 5-6 days/week. Keep the pace up in your workouts so your heart rate remains high. Also, don't stop at a certain number of pushups. Go until you cannot do more, and then try and hold plank. This style of exercising is more effective.

When you are having problems, generally it's tighten up your nutrition and/or push harder in your exercising.

Allan

Thanks for the ideas. Responding to your message right now!