How often do you weigh-in?

Options
Are you an everyday weigher? Or do you just weigh-in once/week? If you do weigh-in everyday, do you log it here on the site?

I am a weekly weigher. I have found that when I weigh-in daily I get way too scale obsessed. I would rather be obsessed with eating well and getting in my exercise throughout the week and a nice gift at the end of the week with a big result (hopefully) on the scale. I do peek on occasion, though!

Just curious how the rest of you go throughout your week :)

Replies

• catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I'm an everyday weigher but I only post my Sunday morning weigh in. I like it when I see a small loss each day. When I don't see one yes I can get pi55y about it but not too bad especially if I know i've been 100% (which I always am...see my halo shining lol!)

If you get too stressed by the scales then stick to weekly but if you can cope with the daily even hourly fluctuations then go ahead, it can help you understand the fluctuation better which in turn will help you cope better with small gains or statics if you know you've been 100%
  • jmathews
    jmathews Posts: 196
    Options
    When i was losing I weighed once a week, I didn't want to be a slave to the scale...talk about stress! Now that I'm maintaining I weight once a month.
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I do weigh in every day. I feel like it keeps me accountable, esp. in the evenings. Knowing that I have to step on that scale will somehow deter me from eating poor choices the night before.
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Weigh myself and log it everyday in the morning after working out.
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I weigh and record weekly.

I'm not the best at sticking with my calorie goals on the weekend when everyone is home all day. It's just too hard to have yogurt when everyone else is having pancakes and cheesy eggs. But I usually do great during the week when it's just me and I can stick to my eating plan and exercise regimine. This allows me to have my "cheat" days without feeling like I've done all of my hard work, then getting discouraged and staying off entirely.

Weighing in weekly, I still keep the big picture in mind.

Good luck. Find what works for you.

Eva
  • blel0906
    Options
    My morning routine: Wake up, pee, weigh in...I don't record every day, my wieght has been fluctuating up an down a few lbs from day to day so I only record when I see a loss that I feel comfortable with ie one day i weighed in and my scale went down 5lbs..didn't seem right next day I was up 7lbs...somedays I get on the scale multiple times (I know bad). I do try to record once a week regardless but not on a set day yet.
  • princess3369
    Options
    I weigh in about once every 2 weeks...I don't need to step on the scale to know whether I am up or down. I don't worry about that number either. Yes, there is a goal weight that I have...however it's not as important to me as how I feel and what size my jeans are. Weighing yourself every day actually isn't a good idea. It's frustrating and it can really mess with your mind. A person needs to burn 3500 calories to lose a lb...do people seriously think that they burn 3500/day? Your body will fluctuate all the time due to your water content alone, add all other variables, weighing every day just is something I don't understand. I know one of my best friends does it every day, for her, it holds her accountable...for me, it would drive me nuts...so, it's a personal choice, I chose not to step on a scale, but that's just me...
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Okay talk about obsessed with the scale... that is me. I weigh myself multiple times a day. I only really pay attention to the scale the first time in the morning, but I usually weigh myself probably 2-4 times a day. When I'm on track and I don't feel like I have messed up I think I weigh myself less often.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Daily.
  • kazznkad
    Options
    I joined MyFitnesspal last Saturday and weighed myself. I weighed myself yesterday too and was pleased with the results :0) I'm trying really hard not to weigh myself in between but I find it very difficult not to get obsessed. But I recommend weighing in once a week.
  • tinamommy727
    tinamommy727 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on a Monday, I just set myself up for failure, if I weigh myself everyday.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,598 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and record my weight when it changes enough that it would affect my ticker, but only if that change has been there two days in a row (up or down).
  • FozzyUK
    FozzyUK Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Personally I plan to only weigh in once a week on a Friday, I have had the urge to peek between but resisted because if it goes up I'd be less motivated. On a friday because weekends are when I'm more likely to slip up and wouldn't want a Monday bad weigh in demotivating me for the rest of the week. Reading these posts it's a case of different strokes for different folks. Stick with whatever works seems to be the best advice and keeping busy helps me stop wanting to peek (as well as helping take my mind off the next meal/snack etc lol)...
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I really want to go with a whole week without weighing myself, but I have yet to find the strength to do so. :/
  • Aledari
    Options
    I try and weigh myself everyday so I don't let my weight get out of hand unknowingly like I did this summer when I spent the month with my fiance (we have been long-distance, but that is about to end in six weeks!), didn't weigh myself once, and gained eight pounds. Ouch!
  • cath83
    Options
    I weigh myself every friday morning (before my breakast). if I have lost then I treat myself (only to a bag of crisps).