Weight lifting to lose fat

Options
124»

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 11, 23yr old male trying to lose some fat.

Eat less, move more. That will cut the fat. The lifting will preserve your muscle mass.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 11, 23yr old male trying to lose some fat.

Eat less, move more. That will cut the fat. The lifting will preserve your muscle mass.

eat less move more will get to a point where there will be no change.
    I recommend eat less move less or eat more move more.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    ^he's eating 1300 calories a day and you think eating less will get him to his goals? He's 5'11 and 184.

Seriously?
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I also gave eat more workout more too as a option.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Well i'm not losing much weight because im gaining muscle but ive lost quite a bit of fat.

:huh:
    You've lost a lot of fat, gained muscle and stayed the same weight? All while eating 1500 cal?

Somthing is off here. As a newby lifter you *may* have gained a small amount of muscle, but not likely to be noticable. Muscle is generally only gained by eating at a calorie surplus (i.e. eating above maintenance). If you really are eating just 1500 then you should be losing weight - it seems a very low intake for a tallish young guy.

Exactly this.

Something to consider:
    http://spotmebro.com/lose-fat-gain-muscle/

Take it for what it is worth
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I am confused. Are you using weights alone to lose fat? Weights alone in a calorie deficit does not really do much. I have the same problem too. M problem is though that I am trying to cut fat and build muscle which is a diet that almost takes perfection to do.

Have you done research on what is the best way to cut fat?

Also weight training does not burn that much. Slow steady cardio burns more I think. I don't know I stop doing slow steady cardio from like September.

Weight training will boost your metabolism for hours after your done, cardio just burns calories as your doing it then it stops, I lost 30+Lbs just lifting no cardio.

My thoughts as well.
    Hence I told you keep lifting the weights.
    Develop the muscle, it goes a long way towards BF reduction, and then when BF gets low enough, your muscles "pop"
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    ^he's eating 1300 calories a day and you think eating less will get him to his goals? He's 5'11 and 184.

Seriously?

Whoa, his wall of derp was far too boring to read. You always know something "awesome" is coming when someone posts "Weight lifting to lose fat."

So yeah, I'll tell him to eat less. Know why? IDGAF + I think it would be hilarious. There's a multitude of information here related to doing it right, if someone can't be bothered to reading it? Yeah, I'm just gonna go and validate them so they get the immediate feel goods they're looking for. ;)

OP should totally eat less, and dollars to donuts, he's eating more than 1500. ;)
  • DanceswithWow
    Options
    Hello

Saw weight lifting to lose weight and read every reply..

The route to get there is way more simple because the factors every body is basing their calculations on are based on unverified information..

If the goal is gain more muscle and then add running to it-- counter productive in my view.. Then both systems must be fully fed..Not some fictitious formula that does not address hormones, not some pie in sky metrics that food energy must be transferred first before its usable, not that every new successive improvement i strength requires and revisited amount of food energy as the body knows best which protein sequences to rebuild tissue desecrated from incremental amount of weight invariably needed to stimulate hypertrophy..

Its not a constant.. thats whats wrong with calories.. the very moment new muscle begins assisting existing mature muscle a new food energy coefficient is required..along with a new concentration of hormones along with a new level of recovery...

Calories cannot make the adjustment for this because the metabolic information being measured is yesterdays news..

You need food energy PERIOD.. Food energy fuels life force which means you dont have to be a slave to the process or behind the curve..Your job is to be in front of it..The effort you are doing is making you constantly depleted and forever frustrated because you are always dealing with metabolic information thats long since surpassed by your bodies new level of need.

You can toil with calories all day and never know with certainty that your body is ready for more intensity..Even worse.. There is a hormone agent that communicates with body fat, that is a translator for body fat and is the only hormone in the body that can command unwanted body fat to stand down..- its called lipolytic enzymes..

these enzymes make your calorie calculations obsolete because this hormone can and will over ride any exogenous input formula designed by stupid human counting tricks..Why do you think most women have hormone issues. Hormones dictate.., first calories dont..

Calories are simply transfer agents for food energy delivery..All you are doing is counting the tickets the transfer agents are carrying..not whats being done with once the stub reaches its destination..

My name is Dances with WOW

I deliver indomitable Life force to the masses.. easier smarter and without the blind mans bluff unrest

You want muscle with out unwanted body fat and the constant do over and guessing game .. Try creating a food energy plan.. and calculate your protein number(Pn#) first.. Plug it into the food frequency formula and BAM..

You will achieve your goal without the barbarian at the gate mentality running so rampant in the whats the right amount of calories school of thought..

His bodies needs and hormone concentrations are not the same.as yours.

Calories do not verify or uniform results..If it did your math and my math and the out come of that math would always be exactly the same..

your 100,00 dollar mortgage and my 100, 000 dollar mortgage at 5%, 6, or 7% would be exact..give or take the document fees..but the mortgage amount you pay would be across the board the same for any body..

measuring calories has never produced the same muscle outcome or fat burning across the board EVER!

HELLO..!
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    lol wut?
  • Trytotryharder
    Options
    Thanks to everyone whos posted helpful replys, definitely been doing it wrong then