Question about my daily summary

Options
After I put in the amount of food I ate and the amount of exercise I did and my daily summary said I had 854 calories remaining. Does that mean that I'm aloud to eat 854 calories after exercise?

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    yes, as you add exercise the amount you can eat increases to account for the additional calories burned during said exercise
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    When you log your exercise, MFP adds that many calorie onto your goal for the day. I don't log my workouts. I base my calorie limit on my goals and progress towards them. What I do and what I recommend to people is to eat at a calorie level that allows you to drop 1-2 lbs/week. This assumes an average calorie burn from you getting in all of your workouts. This will be different for everyone, so you'll have to do some trial and error to figure it out. I'd start ~2200 cal/day. Hit this goal, along with your macros and getting in your workouts, for a week. If you lose 1-2 lbs, you're good to go. If you lose too much, increase your intake and repeat. If you don't lose enough, reduce your intake a bit and repeat. After a few weeks, you'll figure out what works for you in your situation.

Allan
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    When you log your exercise, MFP adds that many calorie onto your goal for the day. I don't log my workouts. I base my calorie limit on my goals and progress towards them. What I do and what I recommend to people is to eat at a calorie level that allows you to drop 1-2 lbs/week. This assumes an average calorie burn from you getting in all of your workouts. This will be different for everyone, so you'll have to do some trial and error to figure it out. I'd start ~2200 cal/day. Hit this goal, along with your macros and getting in your workouts, for a week. If you lose 1-2 lbs, you're good to go. If you lose too much, increase your intake and repeat. If you don't lose enough, reduce your intake a bit and repeat. After a few weeks, you'll figure out what works for you in your situation.

Allan

This is exactly how I've been going about it as well. It's very sound advice.