I feel like I'm getting more fat

Options
I have lost weight. My clothes feel better. I'm doing good with counting calories and excersising. Sometimes I look at myself and I feel fatter. My belly looks bigger but doesn't feel bloated anymore. It feels and looks kinda loose. I feel more fit and don't run out of breath as easy. I'm assuming that I feel fatter becouse of how the fat is coming of and will right it self over time is that correct

Replies

• bostonfit
    bostonfit Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're incorporating weights into your exercise routine and not just cardio so you can build up muscle.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I had a hard time with this during weight loss. Since you can't pick where fat drops from, places get smaller, other places look bigger, etc. I totally agree with weights and building muscle. Although you won't 'see' the muscle until you drop the fat, it'll help with that loose feeling. Just keep at it and you'll eventually even out.
  • freakhazerd2424
    freakhazerd2424 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Thanks I'm doing weights and cardio. Just sometimes you know the answers but feel like your thinking crazy. Just looking for positive reinforcment
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    All the claims to "target fat loss" are bull. Your body will shed or burn fat where it decides to get it from. As long as you keep at it and keep the scale moving in the right direction it will happen. If your belly is what you are concerned about you may want to do some type of ab workout daily. Won't burn the fat off but it will help with tone and posture. When the fat does leave you will be ahead of the game by starting early on those muscles. Its also exercise so its a win win too.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I recommend getting a measuring tape. It really opened my eyes to where I was actually losing (my stomach and waist long before my hips).
  • abs0830
    abs0830 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Totally understand that. There are times when I feel good and then the next day I feel like I'm fat or fatter. How did that happen over night? I agree that incorporating weights will help. I learned that the hard way and now love weight training. Sometimes we have to convince our minds that they are wrong. Did you take before/during/after photos? Those have helped me realize the change.
  • apparations
    apparations Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Yes I felt like this a lot too when I had first dropped about 10 lbs or so. I think part of it also is that as your are trying so hard you are paying much closer attention to your body. For me, before trying to lose weight, I paid very little attention to the way I look, had blinders on. When you are focusing on yourself more, everything on your body becomes more glaringly obvious. It does get better with time!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Get out the tape measure. The head is much slower than the eyes. Get used to a rockin' new body!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling. I used what i called my test shorts as not good at measuring. When i first started i couldn't button them up at all. Every few weeks I would put them on to see how they fit until one day they just dropped off me. If you have an item like that you could do the same. Keep at it, its worth it in the end.
  • phyllb
    phyllb Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Yup your are right and in the right path. Keep at it
  • georgiagreeneyes
    georgiagreeneyes Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're incorporating weights into your exercise routine and not just cardio so you can build up muscle.

This is the best advice and exactly what I would have advised. Building muscle will give you better tone and will raise your total daily energy expenditure so that you'll be burning more calories per day! If you're unsure where to start when it comes to weight lifting, stronglifts (http://stronglifts.com/) is a great app that takes out any of the guesswork!