What are your New Year's Resolutions?

ladyofivy
ladyofivy Posts: 648
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm talking to those who actually make them. :wink:

(Otherwise there are going to be a lot of people who say, "I don't make them", or "I dont' need to make them because I change my life every day", or whatever. Not asking you. Thanks anyway. :flowerforyou: )

I've decided that for the entire year of 2011, I will participate in every nearby walk/run that I can get involved in. I also plan to build more muscle tone, and by the end of next year, I will be in a size 6 or smaller (not sure how much smaller I could be than a 6 and still look healthy, so I'm aiming for 6 because it's the smallest size I remember being at any [nearly] adult age [high school].)

I'd love to hear your resolutions, both fitness related and otherwise. :smile:

Replies

• FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    To actually stick with my fitness lifestyle and get my eating in line 90% of the time rather than 50%.

I'd also like to spend 2011 training my patience. I'm doing better, but somewhere I need to improve for all around wellness for me and my family. I'll start by learning to SLOW DOWN and appreciate down time. And also making sure I demand time for myself (from myself) as well.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    I want to start training for a 10K. But I'm not waiting for the new year to start.. I'm starting now! So.. does that still count as a New Years Resolution? haha
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    I'm talking to those who actually make them. :wink:

(Otherwise there are going to be a lot of people who say, "I don't make them", or "I dont' need to make them because I change my life every day", or whatever. Not asking you. Thanks anyway. :flowerforyou: )

I've decided that for the entire year of 2011, I will participate in every nearby walk/run that I can get involved in. I also plan to build more muscle tone, and by the end of next year, I will be in a size 6 or smaller (not sure how much smaller I could be than a 6 and still look healthy, so I'm aiming for 6 because it's the smallest size I remember being at any [nearly] adult age [high school].)

I'd love to hear your resolutions, both fitness related and otherwise. :smile:

My resolution is to continue working on getting down to my next goal weight, and hopefully be able to run/jog in atleast ONE marathon in 2011!!! Along with keep up with my challenges I started back in August!
  • My resolutions would be to exercise 5 times a week while eating healthy wholesome foods. I would like to be 90 pounds less come Jan of 2012. I started my weight loss journey in August and since then have only lost 14 pounds. But I stepped my game up like 3 weeks ago when I lost nothing for a month. Anyhow.....I want to stick to this and do more challenging work outs as I go. Good luck to all of us!!
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    My New Years resolution is to maintain the health that I have attained by continuing to exercise at least 3 times per week (after I reach the maintenance phase) and continuing to eat healthy foods. I also plan on continuing to strengthen and build muscle mass to become a more lean/fit person.

Vickie
  • I'd like to continue on my journey of losing at least 30 pounds!!Not only lose weight but tone my body also.I'd love to ride in the Pan Mass challenge next summer.My main goal however is to really realize for this all to work is this isn't a diet it's a lifestyle change!!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    My NY resolution this year will be to stick with my new,healthy lifestyle even after i've reached my goal weight in order to maintain. I also want to involve myself in more sports/team activities this summer, and I'd like to inspire atleast one person.
  • nursevee
    nursevee Posts: 344 Member
    Well, 2011 is gonna be MY year. My hubby comes back from deployment so I wanna be looking great. I'm taking the weight loss slowly but I figure that's OK. In April 2011 I want to ride the 150 mile bike ride from Houston to Austion TX with my sis-in-law to raise money for MS. She does it every year and I've been promising her for as long as I can think of that I will do it with her! Now's the time!!!!
    I also want to train and work my way up to a mini triathlon. My target for that is roughly July/August timeframe. I want to get back to Australia to see my friends and family and be looking toned and fit for my sister's wedding in November 2011!!!
  • ntp0826
    ntp0826 Posts: 95 Member
    One of my resolutions is to keep up with my healthy lifestyle. I've lost weight countless times but the REAL challenge is keeping it off. I plan on not letting life sabotage me and even when I reach my goals I want to be very active so that possibly one day when I get married/have children I will have a healthy lifestyle to pass on so my children won't have to worry about being unhealthy and overweight. My second resolution is to quit smoking---again something I've done countless times but have been unable to maintain it! I want to be at my best health ever in 2011!
  • Stewie316
    Stewie316 Posts: 266 Member
    My resolution is to start the p90x Jan 5th and complete it before the summer. Also to fit into a size 2 and maintain a weight of 105-112.
  • gingermoon
    gingermoon Posts: 239 Member
    Mine would be to not only lose the rest of this weight, but to maintain it and an extremely active lifestyle.
    Fit into ALL of my old clothes, even the 2's.
    Finish all of the unfinished home improvement projects left undone since we bought this rinky dink fixer upper!
    To be happy and make peace with family members.
    And to kick butt in vegetable garden come spring!!!!!!

Thats not asking too much, is it? LOL
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    My new year's resoluton is to
    1) start eating better/make better choices with food/moderation
    2) exercise every day
    3) not worry if I indulge ocasionally or don't get exercise in
    4) get healthy this year
    5) stick to workouts (I've had a hard time of that lately)

On another note, I got my workout completed for the day and I was under 1200 calories before I added exercise.
  • srcurran
    srcurran Posts: 208 Member
    To maintain what I've lost and to work at the last 10 pounds. I know they're the hardest.

But my birthday is a week from tomorrow and I won't being the losing in earnest until that's passed. I'll be turning 50 and there will be a party for me.
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    happy early birthday, srcurran!
This discussion has been closed.