GAAAAHHHH

Options
I RE-INJURED!!!!!!!! :noway:

Must have been Thursday, that's the last time I ran...

But I didnt even notice until Saturday, isn't that weird?

This is how I feel about shin splints: :explode:

Replies

• ToTheLove
    ToTheLove Posts: 357
    Options
    I RE-INJURED!!!!!!!! :noway:

Must have been Thursday, that's the last time I ran...

But I didnt even notice until Saturday, isn't that weird?

This is how I feel about shin splints: :explode:
  • 1harleygal
    1harleygal Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I totally understand how you feel about shin splints, I get them really bad when I try to jog so I quit and walk instead. My shin splints may hurt for a day but with continued walking they actually go away and no longer hurt. Another way to prevent them is a really good pair of walking shoes!:smile:
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I am not 100% but I've heard that if you try to run on softer surfaces (like the grass, rubber track, etc.) that you will be less likely to get shin splints. I've also read that it has something to do with how your feet hit the ground when you run... like it needs to be heel to toe instead of a pounding effect. :huh:

Maybe you can read up about it so that you can avoid it in the future. Sorry to hear about your injusry though. Hope you feel better soon! :flowerforyou:
  • sarakenna1
    sarakenna1 Posts: 261
    Options
    I hate shin splints! I've been battling mine for about 3 weeks. I got them during a really high impact work out that started with running on a treadmill, then running up and down stairs, followed by box jumps. (Bootcamp class). My shins havn't been the same since. The only thing I have found that helps is rest from high-impact work outs. The eliptical machine and spin class don't seem to bother my shins... its primarily running, jumping, or jogging that re-injures them. My trainer told me to freeze a bottle of water and roll it up and down my shin. I havn't done that yet, so I'm not sure if it works. Good luck healing!