How do you get over a heartbreak?

Replies

• jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Screw as many people as you can! Go!

Tried that once; now I'm trying to find out how to get over the Gonorrhea. :grumble:

/s
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,358 Member

Tried that once; now I'm trying to find out how to get over the Gonorrhea. :grumble:

/s

:laugh: :laugh: I just spit out my drink thanks!
  • Muldactus
    Muldactus Posts: 6,972 Member
    Time

and maybe getting under someone else

^ QFT
  • dnfenton
    dnfenton Posts: 24 Member
    Time but in order to pass the time do your best to fill your time with a new goal. Try swing dancing, sign up for races, catch up with old friends, if some one asks you to hang out just say YES. Keeping active is key. You can't rush the healing process but you certainly can distract yourself and learn something new at the same time.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Ice cream and peanut butter for the initial pity party. Exercise for the continued escape. And friends, because good friends make everything better.

So true...a great circle of friends (hell, even one if you're like me) makes all the difference in the world.
  • MikeCrazy
    MikeCrazy Posts: 2,716 Member
    The honest answer is: You don't.
    Just remember to not let it rule your life, you still have one even if it has drastically changed. Focus on the things you can change, i.e. yourself....Forget the things your past other did wrong, try to not think about the breakup, and focus on the things you can improve in your own life; attitude, personal care, cleanliness, habits...etc. Get yourself to the place you want to be; live to your potential.

Remember: Time heals all wounds, it doesn't eliminate them, you have to choose to move on.
  • fit_war
    fit_war Posts: 985 Member
    Emma-Stone.gif

something like that must help
  • Firemansam79
    Firemansam79 Posts: 416 Member
    Workout and be with friends, keep busy.
  • sex

Great minds think alike! :laugh:
  • Raisingsonshines
    Raisingsonshines Posts: 50 Member
    Don't allow yourself to think about.
    Positive affirmations.
    Look up videos on the Law of Attraction.
    Think of only the things you want to accomplish.
    Never give into the other voice that says you can't do something (for example get over your heartbreak)
  • tristan299
    tristan299 Posts: 2,537 Member
    sex

Great minds think alike! :laugh:

or kick him in the bolox
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    whiskey.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    sex
    Beer

porque-no-las-dos-o.gif

nailed it :laugh:
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    You don't. It's always there nagging in the background for the rest of your life.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Screw as many people as you can! Go!

/s

go to the doctor and they will give you three huge pills to take

then you cured
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    6968769.gif

^^ has always worked for me.
  • You don't. It's always there nagging in the background for the rest of your life.

You always crack me up with your comments on here! :laugh:
  • Phoenix__Rising
    Phoenix__Rising Posts: 9,981 Member
    You don't. It's always there nagging in the background for the rest of your life.

You always crack me up with your comments on here! :laugh:

Although it maybe funny, as old I am,it seems true.
  • lewoldt
    lewoldt Posts: 630 Member
    I use food to cure my emotional woes
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    I'm nursing a heart ache. Last night I got drunk and completely forgot about it. But as the buzz wears off today, the pain comes back.

Awww.... the buzz always wears off.

Try something new to distract you - sky diving, guitar lessons, mountain climbing, painting, taking a part time job in a restaurant and acting like Gordon Ramsey.... After enough time passes and the contact with that person gets less and less.... eventually the heartbreak fades AND you have a new hobby. :)