Favorite Active Activities?

I've lived a pretty sedentary lifestyle, and I'm trying to become more active. I have a job where I'm on my feet all day, and I go to the gym a couple times a week, but other than that I tend to just sit around the house. I want to fill my free time with more activity.

What are some physically demanding things that you like to do in your spare time? I love swimming when the weather permits, and kayaking when I can afford to rent one.

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    kayaking/fishing is my big one, but im not opposed to tossing around a football or playing some ball hockey, theres rarely enough people for a decent game though

would like to get into hiking but we'll see. theres some pretty nice trails around my area but thats a very time consuming hobby

would also love to hear others ideas
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    I LOVE hiking. Not only is it a great workout, but the time in nature combined with the exercise is a total stressbuster. I also go with a friend so we get to do our catching up while hiking.

I also go for a lot of walks. Sometimes I choose to walk home instead of taking the bus from wherever I'm at.

I love yoga too, as someone with back issues, it's done a lot for me.

I'm going to try getting back into cycling soon, it's a good way to get around and get some exercise in.

You could also try basketball - just grab a friend and play Donkey. You could try hitting a tennis ball against a wall - that's a great workout.

Those are all the ideas I have off the top of my head!
  • Swimming/water jogging at the gym/Y , rowing, cycling, zumba, tennis, hiking, skiing, rollerblading, cardio kickboxing, jumping rope, gardening, there's a lot out there
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    I'm a fan of hiking. I belong to a group that tries to get out about once a month. Meetup.com is a great source to find groups.
  • bama6977
    bama6977 Posts: 71 Member
    SCUBA diving, Spearfishing, snorkeling, gardening, fishing and buying a Kayak in the near future.
  • marylynn85
    marylynn85 Posts: 496 Member
    I love hiking. I would go hiking everyday if I could.

Also swimming, kayaking/rafting is pretty great too.