More On Accuracy Of User Input

Options
All,

So if I suspect that the user input for calories burned is not accurate.... can I create my own entry and use that? For example, If I jog for 4 miles at a 10 minute mile, and I feel I burned 400 calories, can I enter that as a exercise and use that all the time?

Experts devised a method that they believe is the best way of calculating total calorie burn per mile. Take 0.75 x (your weight in pounds). Multiply this total times the number of miles ran, and it accurately indicates total loss. For example, a jogger who weighs 150 pounds and runs four miles would burn roughly 450 calories. We get this number by taking 150 x 0.75, which equals 112.5, then multiplying by four, since the jogger ran four miles.

Read more: How Many Calories are Burned by Jogging 4 Miles? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5435940_many-calories-burned-jogging-miles.html#ixzz15H3BrGMs

Replies

• niknok28
    Options
    I use a HRM when I go out and just use that reading. I don't think you can add a new exercise but you can change calories burned.
  • jrlenig
    jrlenig Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    You can add new excercises, I do a variety and just use my HRM for my cals!
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    You can add whatever exercises you like, or find a similar exercise and adjust the calories burned to whatever you believe it to be. I usually just use the info on calories burned as a very rough guideline.
  • niknok28
    Options
    You can add new excercises, I do a variety and just use my HRM for my cals!

I'm so glad you posted that! I never noticed that you could add exercises until now! :blushing: