Newcomer!

Options
Hello everyone! I'm new here and just wanted to introduce myself briefly. I'm 28, married, and have been trying to get disability. I recently decided to change my eating habits to help with my chronic conditions. I have Fibromyalgia, scoliosis, arthritis, general hypermobility syndrome, and some other fun stuff.

I'm glad I found this site, and I'm looking forward to encouraging and being encouraged! :)

Replies

• usedtobesoskinny
    Options
    Hi Monica

I'm interested in your post because I've just joined this site and I have a bunch of annoying medical things to deal with too. The main impact on weight loss is that I suffer easily from fatigue, especially after exercise, and can't follow the usual exercise plans without crashing for days. It makes it all trickier.

I'm determined to give it a go however, cos I really don't like the roll of flab around my belly. The rest of me is pretty skinny so it makes me a pretty odd shape (and I have scoliosis too so the belly fat lolls to one side which is even less attractive!)

Good luck!

Deb
  • val16villar
    val16villar Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi Monica and Deb,

I know that for me it's more preemptive- I come from a sedentary family who have never really been active, so with a lot of inactivity came medical problems related to weight and diet. I hope to feel healthier and try not to encounter as many health troubles that I can prevent!

Looking forward to posting more and giving moral support!
  • MonicaJumper
    Options
    Deb- the scoliosis makes me loom kinda awkward too. I'm wondering if it will look better or worse when I'm thinner... but I'm willing to take that risk :p lol. I haven't figured out exercise yet, but when I do, I will post them!
    I'm hoping my conditions improve with these changes I'm making.

Val- preemptive sounds great! I hope you can avoid some of those health problems and enjoy good health! Thank you for the encouragement!

Good luck to you both!