Excercise Help

alysen2012
alysen2012 Posts: 71
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
What is the best way to lose your thighs because my thighs are the biggest part of my body besides my stomache. So i am dont to sure what i can do to lose the thigh fat.

Replies

• YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    It is impossible to do "spot reduction" for fat. Unfortunately, it is a common myth. You will have to lose overall body fat and eventually your thighs will follow suit. Any type of cardio workout will help to supplement a healthy diet when trying to lose weight and overall body fat. Also, you can work the muscles in your thighs, but that might make them a little bigger, although tighter.
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    I was actually wondering the same thing, but I'm wondering about upper thighs. The lower part of my thighs I don't have trouble with from walking and elliptical. :)
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    I do the recumbent bike everyday and have been doing that for 2 years to strengthen my legs. My thighs used to be much bigger with the saddle bags, but now I dont have saddle bags at all, and my legs are the smallest part of me. My problem area is tummy and buns, but because my legs were so weak I had to stregthen them first. I still do the bike every day but I've added treadmll, kettlebells, and other assorted stuff.
  • It is impossible to do "spot reduction" for fat. Unfortunately, it is a common myth. You will have to lose overall body fat and eventually your thighs will follow suit. Any type of cardio workout will help to supplement a healthy diet when trying to lose weight and overall body fat. Also, you can work the muscles in your thighs, but that might make them a little bigger, although tighter.

Yeap...this. You can do exercise to tone up in that area but it won't spot reduce the fat.
  • sjd2010
    sjd2010 Posts: 106
    My thighs and stomach were my biggest as well when I first started. Mind you, when I started I was very lazy. But as I lost a little weight I also felt more energetic so I started to walk. I have mostly walked/jogged through my journey and my husband now :flowerforyou: is always telling me how my legs are getting skinny! So I do believe that if you just exercise the legs with your favorite exercise, they will become thinner. Good Luck!
  • leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    You can not do one specific exercise on one specific muscle group and lose weight/fat in that area. When you combine a proper diet with your sweet spot in calories and macronutrients and fat burning exercises with a combination of legitimate strength training and cardio you will build muscle and burn fat. Your muscles get more 'toned' and when the fat is shed from on top of them, you end up with skinny body parts.

Exercises that are good for the lower body to build strength and wake up your muscles are squats, squats, squats, deadlifts, and cycling. But you have to make sure you are eating correctly and doing effective cardio in order to burn the fat from your body to let the muscles peek through. That's why guys with six packs have like, 9% body fat.
This discussion has been closed.