working out makes me not hungry for the day?

Options
hey everyone!
i workout at the gym for an hour or two everyday and i find since ive started working out everyday it's been harder to force myself to eat, im just not hungry at all! I know this is a problem and i need to be eating more, i do believe eating less makes me gain and i want to go back to eating atleast 1500 a day because i was losing weight doing this but i can only force about 900 calories a day into myself ...
does anyone else have this problem?
could you suggest some food's that are high in calories and light on your stomach?
thanks!

Replies

• navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Are you doing a lot of cardio? After a run the last thing I want to do is eat, but after a good lifting session, I'm starving. My bet is that you're doing cardio, and your bodies response is like most of us, you simply can't stomach the thought of food afterwards. That's why a lot of ultra-marathoners go for beer after a race instead of pancakes.

Rigger
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Weird... I've noticed recently that if I do cardio I am starving after and if I do yoga I have no desire to graze. On the days I don't work out I am ravenous! I bet it's some sort of mental/wellness thing?
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Are you doing a lot of cardio? After a run the last thing I want to do is eat, but after a good lifting session, I'm starving. My bet is that you're doing cardio, and your bodies response is like most of us, you simply can't stomach the thought of food afterwards. That's why a lot of ultra-marathoners go for beer after a race instead of pancakes.

Rigger

Exactly this! - Upper body work yesterday morning and ate all of the food I had brought to work by 11am. Interval work this morning and ate because it was lunch time. My advise - eat light on cardio days and up the protein to feel more full on lift days. YOU do lift don't you? :wink: