I'm losing weight but my Fat mass is up

Options
Why?? I lost 10 lbs last 2 weeks, but gained 10 lbs fat. I gym 3x a week including strength.

please dont say Im eating fat :laugh: check my diary. I'm a little carb high, but lean protein mostly.

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    where did you get this info from?

eta; as in, how do you know you gained 10 lbs of fat?
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Why?? I lost 10 lbs last 2 weeks, but gained 10 lbs fat. I gym 3x a week including strength.

please dont say Im eating fat laugh check my diary. I'm a little carb high, but lean protein mostly

You've lost 10 lb in the last 2 weeks, that could either be mostly water weight lost or fat. But you've gained 10 lb's back? So you're saying you've either consumed 35,000 calories while at maintainence or you've consumed more than 35,000 while eating in a deficit.

You could've gained back water weight. How do you know you've gained 10 lb in fat? Do you take regular BF percentages? Measurements?
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    However you're measuring your body fat. It's wrong
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Diary es no open.
  • TechLady11412
    TechLady11412 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Have you taken measurements of your body using a tape measure? This would be a little more reliable than utilizing one of the 58 trillion tools available to measure BF.

For losing bodyfat:

1. If the tape measurement numbers go down, you're doing it (eating and exercising) right.

2. If the tape measurement numbers stay the same, you're probably at maintenance. Either increase exercise (preferred) or cut a couple hundred cals. Measure next week to check if it worked.

3. If the tape measurement numbers go up, see solution #2.

a pound of muscle weighs exactly as much as a pound of fat. However, a pound of muscle takes up less space than a pound of fat. Expending energy to burn fat while weight training to support and encourage muscle retention/growth requires a delicate balance of eating a certain # of cals combined with the moves that support muscle preservation and growth.

We don't gain muscle or lose fat overnight. Consistent eating and movement that supports your goal, along with regular tracking will enable you to adjust and tweak your arsenal as needed to produce the desired result. Don't beat yourself up. There is no one secret magical right way. It takes time, tweaking, keeping track and patience.

Don't forget to drink water and get some good sleep!! :smile:
  • eomuno215in541
    eomuno215in541 Posts: 201 Member
    Options

My nutritionist's water scale and total % of body fat compared to last weigh in. Thanks!
  • magnolia_ah
    magnolia_ah Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    LIFT WEIGHT
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

My nutritionist's water scale and total % of body fat compared to last weigh in. Thanks!

Your nutritionist is measuring your body fat on a scale?

I suggest reading this link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/830595-body-fat-estimation-methods