By 4 O'Clock … I AM FAMISHED!

Options
hapyfaces2
hapyfaces2 Posts: 46 Member
Please help I cannot get over that hump… I don't know what is the matter with me…. I have been trying to eat lots of protein and veggies and drinking water to feel full, but by 4pm I AM FAMISHED! I could eat a cow for sure. I grab for healthy stuff at first and then it goes down hill from there. I need a good natural appetite suppressant. I thought an apple would work..Fiber… but I ate like 3. I eat dinner at 7:00 hubby gets home then. Any help or advice??? I have 20 more pounds to go for my 1st goal. And it's just getting harder.

Replies

• hapyfaces2
    hapyfaces2 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    i found a slim bar
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    You might try modifying the times you eat your previous meals (sounds like you should have a later lunch?). I think this is helping me quite a bit.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    When I have incurable muchies (3pm at work usually), I have several go-tos. Listed from least to most cals: Strong herbal tea like Passion, sugar free gum, a piece of hard candy like Worthers, half a cup of black coffee with a square or two of dark chocolate, a square or two of quality milk chocolate, nature valley granola bar (1), protein shake, instant oatmeal packet, habanero bbq almonds or roasted cashews, can of soup. I keep all of those at my desk and range from 0-200 cals.

If I pack a lunch, I pack something extra for 3pm like a yogurt, fruit, or a boiled egg.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Do you work out in the morning or at lunch time?

Is it seriously every day?

I would plan for a snack at that time knowing your "habits."

Personally I find that I'm ready for a snack around 3:30, right before we leave work and at 5ish when we get home. Dinner is at 7.

If you are having fruit you definitely need to have some protein with it (cheese, a nut butter, cottage cheese) or it won't last. I find that with Bananas especially!
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Not enough calories, most likely.
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    I would eat your lunch later in the day.