Upset stomach with running?

cc_campbell81
cc_campbell81 Posts: 622
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Does anyone else experience and upset stomach when they run? It never fails I get a couple miles into a run and my stomach starts going crazy. I don't know what's causing it. I've tried both eating and not eating before a run. I try to eat bland food before runs but nothing seems to change it.

Replies

• aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Yes, you are experiencing "runner's trots".... There's a lot of information on this, just try google! :flowerforyou:
  • I look it up thanks.
  • :laugh: mean to say I will look it up, thanks. :>
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Like nauseating or cramping?
  • My son is in the Army and he started having that at boot camp, he throws up every time he runs long distances. He said that his instructors said just try and breathe through it, but don't stop it will just come right back if u rest and start again, so he throws up his cookies and then finishes his run. He tried everything he could to not get sick but to no avail, its one of those things some ppl have . Maybe talk to your trainer, it also could be your breathing, make sure you breathe in through your nose and blow out your mouth. I'm sorry not much advice, just want u to know ur not the only one, its hard. Good luck!
  • wocm15
    wocm15 Posts: 81
    When I jog I usually end up vomiting... :sick: This morning I had only gone 1 mile when I had to stop and upchuck. Blegh... It doesn't seem to matter when I've eaten. Obviously if I run too soon after eating it's worse, but this morning it had been a good hour and a half since I'd had my bowl of cheerios. After I vomited and took a couple sips of water I hopped back on the treadmill (just walking) and was fine. Personally I think the reason it happens with me is that my stomach is being bounced around a lot, and my abs are working hard to keep my posture. Between those two things my stomach just can't handle it and decides to rebel. :embarassed:
  • I got a good laugh about being in the army, running, throwing up, and running more. I am in the Air Force so I completely understand. For me I never actually throw up. My stomach just gets really upset. It's annoying:>
  • DJH510
    DJH510 Posts: 114 Member
    Major issue for me. Experience has taught me to not eat large meals before running, and to wait as long as possible (at least a couple of hours) before running.
This discussion has been closed.