Salmon Recipes!

Options
FeraFilia
FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
Would you guys believe I've *never* had salmon?!

I want to change this, but I don't have any salmon recipes in my arsenal! What are your favorites?

I try to eat fish twice a week, but usually it's tilapia, and I wanna change things up. :)

Replies

• chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I love salmon and try to have it at least once a week because it's super quick and easy. My go to recipe is:

4ish ounce salmon filet
    tsp olive oil
    1/2 tsp minced garlic
    salt, pepper, and dill to taste
    lemon juice

Spray your pan with non-stick, coat the filet with olive oil then add seasonings; top with garlic and squirt on fresh lemon juice. Broil on high on the 2nd rack from the top for 7-8 minutes (maybe a little longer depending on the thickness of your filet).
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    That sounds yummy! I have all those things in my pantry, too. :)
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    Any others??
  • chrissyrenee1029
    Options
    Do you have a Pinterest account? I have found a ton of great recipes there.
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    I have intentionally avoided Pinterest because I didn't need another reason to get stuck at my computer, heh.
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    Thanks! :) That tuna recipe sounds really good!
  • prism1968
    prism1968 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Just made this last night and it is a keeper for sure... best marinade I've ever used! It really 'soaked in' the fish; I didn't have to add any kind of sauce to the finished product. NOTE: I cooked mine on George Foreman grill and it was done in <2 minutes.

1 1/2 pounds salmon fillets
    lemon pepper to taste
    garlic powder to taste
    salt to taste
    1/3 cup soy sauce
    1/3 cup brown sugar
    1/3 cup water
    1/4 cup vegetable oil

DIRECTIONS:
    1. Season salmon fillets with lemon pepper, garlic powder, and salt.
    2. In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, water, and vegetable oil until sugar is dissolved. Place fish in a large resealable plastic bag with the soy sauce mixture, seal, and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
    3. Preheat grill for medium heat.
    4. Lightly oil grill grate. Place salmon on the preheated grill, and discard marinade. Cook salmon for 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    Prism - that's one of the recipes that Zaftique posted!! (http://allrecipes.com/recipe/grilled-salmon-i/)

So, I guess that's 2 votes for that recipe. :)
  • prism1968
    Options
    Lol! I didn't follow any links, I got that from Food.com a while back and JUST made it yesterday... Sorry, but yep, at least you know it comes recommended ;)
  • prism1968
    Options
    p.s. I ran into Dollar Tree for some cleaning stuff yesterday and got the salmon from there! It was wild-caught and tasted great... Never would have thought I'd buy frozen foods from Dollar Tree ;)
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Pesto on salmon is great. You can make your own (lower sodium and fresher) or buy pre-made. Broil or grill or bake.
  • chrissyrenee1029
    Options
    p.s. I ran into Dollar Tree for some cleaning stuff yesterday and got the salmon from there! It was wild-caught and tasted great... Never would have thought I'd buy frozen foods from Dollar Tree ;)

That is definitely worth checking out!
  • wasp53
    wasp53 Posts: 1
    Options
    I soak salmon in lemon juice 2 tbls for about 5-10 minutes, flipping once.
    I have a T-Fall grill and I love the auto settings on the handle.
    Sprinkle with lemon/pepper, a little salt and pepper and throw on the grill till the bell goes off & it's done.
    Good right off the grill w/salad or re-heated in the toaster oven on parchment paper.
    My sister gave me this recipe and I love it.
  • prism1968
    Options

That is definitely worth checking out!

They also had flounder and tilapia. I bought those, too, but can't vouch for them yet as I haven't tried them. It comes in those single-serve 4 oz vacuum-sealed bags (which I love).
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    For really good,fresh salmon, I prefer it as ceviche. Just make a pico de gallo with tomatoes, onions and jalapeños, some cilantro and a good amount of lime juice. Add the salmon, cut into bite size pieces. The lime "cooks" the salmon. Give it 2-4 hours in the fridge before eating.
  • prism1968
    Options
    For really good,fresh salmon, I prefer it as ceviche. Just make a pico de gallo with tomatoes, onions and jalapeños, some cilantro and a good amount of lime juice. Add the salmon, cut into bite size pieces. The lime "cooks" the salmon. Give it 2-4 hours in the fridge before eating.

That sounds amazing! Am saving this for next time the fresh salmon goes on sale, thanks :)
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Baked in parchment paper. Add some fresh lemon, garlic, salt and pepper. Wrap like a present in parchment paper, cook at 350 until barely cooked through. Let sit about 5-10 minutes and serve.
    Also good with a mango salsa.
  • turtlebeth
    turtlebeth Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    We eat tons of salmon (free from local tribal member who can't eat all they get). I make an aluminum foil pouch, lay salmon fillet inside, sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder, cover with lemon slices. Close pouch and steam in the oven, or in good weather on the BBQ grill! Flakes apart and tastes super yummy! Enjoy!
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    Thanks y'all! Now I just need to get my butt to the store and get some salmon so I can make a few of these. :)