I will make 45 my best year ever.

Options
skinnyb05
skinnyb05 Posts: 87 Member
Hi! I am approaching the big 45 quickly and have had a stressful past year. Time to take time for myself and finally reach goal. Always close and never make it. I'm a stress eater. People tick me off and chocolate and carbs make me feel better (at least I thought so).

I've been on WW numerous times and would be successful and turn cocky thinking I could do it on my own. I'm really a person that finds help through support and I'm hoping MFP will supplement my healthy eating and exercise. This past weekend I decided to try South Beach. I ordered the book (what took me so long?) and a lot of it made sense to me. Especially as a carb addict. During this new quest I discovered MFP while searching for a tool to track my weight and journal (even thought its not required on SB, I like the accountability). MFP, I wish I found you sooner I have 50 lbs to lose and I'm motivated.

So tell me as a newbie, why the friend requests? Is that how you build up a support team? I've been stalking the boards the past few days and it is inspiring to see all the success stories out there and now I'm sorry I didn't join sooner. This is the perfect replacement for the online WW tools/blogs.......

Replies

• perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Yes, that is how you build a support group. I think there are lots of former ww people on here, I am not one, but have seen many.
  • skinnyb05
    skinnyb05 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • TeenageMutantNinjaMike
    Options
    Kudos and welcome, the biggest thing is accountability. I'm trying this again and looking for a group to keep me on track. Too easy to get lost without one. Good luck.