Need some nutrition/food help!

Options
ryanna01
ryanna01 Posts: 67 Member
Hey all, so I have logged all throughout today but I'm still missing some nutrients. So I was wondering does any one know any food with fats, potassium ( have had barely any all day), vitamin A, calcium, and iron. I know it's a long list but I need some healthy foods with these things. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• littlefoot612
    littlefoot612 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you have left for the day? Do you want a snack food or something for a meal?
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    milk and an iron pill
    spinach with some olive oil
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Potassium is not required to be listed on nutritional labels, and most foods dont. So you are getting more than you think.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/01/us-food-labels-potassium-idUSBRE9200SA20130301
  • ryanna01
    Options
    I still have about 600 calories, but I still plan on doing some strength and circuit training. Both snack and dinner ideas would be great!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Before you start worrying that you aren't getting enough of these micros, firs double check your entries to make sure they are listed. Many many entries are missing the micronutrient values.
    Also, keep in mind that potassium isn't required on nutrition labels so it isn't often included in the database. You may be getting more than you think.

As for fat - a handful of nuts or tablespoon of nut butter, olives, cheese, avocado all will add fat easily.
    Vitamin A - check out sweet potatoes.
  • monolith66
    monolith66 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Almonds.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I vote for milk and chocolate.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Baked potato with loads of butter and/or banana and Nutella :)
  • ryanna01
    Options
    Thanks for the answers. I'm also wondering what foods are high in cholesterol that I should cut out because I get too much of it.
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Cholesterol is easily avoidable, but that doesn't mean you won't naturally have higher cholesterol. Your body makes it, like it or not. My husband was on an extremely strict low cholesterol diet for months "just to see" if his numbers would get in normal range, I cooked his foods, otherwise he ate vegetables. it was still high.
    I am not a doctor, and if you have high cholesterol you should consult your physician about it. But, if your diet is high in animal products, that would be a good place to start.

"Foods to Avoid for High Cholesterol
    Limit saturated fats and oils, such as butter, bacon drippings, lard, palm oil, and coconut oil. Instead, use soft tub margarine or vegetable oils, such as olive or canola oil.
    Avoid trans fats or partially hydrogenated vegetable oils. These oils go through a process that makes them solid. They're found in some hard margarines, snack crackers, cookies, chips, and shortenings.
    Limit fatty meats such as corned beef, pastrami, ribs, steak, ground meat, hot dogs, sausage, bacon, and processed meats like bologna. Also limit organ meats like liver and kidney. Replace with skinless chicken or turkey, lean beef, veal, pork, lamb, and fish. Try some meatless main dishes, like beans, peas, pasta, or rice.
    Limit meat, poultry, and fish to no more than two servings, or 5 oz (140 g), a day. Remember that a serving is about the size of a deck of playing cards.
    Limit egg yolks.
    Limit milk products that contain more than 1% milk fat. This includes cream, most cheeses, and nondairy coffee creamers or whipped topping (which often contain coconut or palm oils). Instead try fat-free or low-fat milk (0% to 1% fat) and low-fat cheeses.
    Limit snack crackers, muffins, quick breads, croissants, and cakes made with saturated or hydrogenated fat, whole eggs, or whole milk. Try low-fat baked goods, and use any spreads or toppings lightly.
    Instead of using butter or margarine on bread, try dipping it in olive oil.
    Avoid fast foods like hamburgers, fries, fried chicken, and tacos. They are high in both total fat and saturated fat. When you eat out, choose broiled sandwiches or chicken without skin, salads with low-fat dressing, and foods that aren't fried. Ask the server to leave off the cheese and high-fat dressings like mayonnaise."