Omg omg omg

Options
I just ate to keep my fast for today and dh had made eggy bread, i just created a recipe (estimated) he made it for 4 of us but i had to slices. If the recipe creator is right estimated by ,e (i hope it wrong) the breakfast alone today was 647 calories!!! I wish i hadn't eaten it now . I don't even have that for dinner. Now i am left with just over 600 for dinner , i usually like to leave some for a treat.:(

Replies

• MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Dont panic! maybe just go for a walk? That meal should have given you some energy:)
  • Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. I have had a couple days when I couldn't be on my diet because we went out of town and went over my calories. Just go for 15 minute walk or do extra exercises tomorrow. That's what I did. Now you know where you went wrong and will know what to do. Also, if you don't punch in the exact name brand and everything, your numbers will be wrong. I freaked out when I first started because MFP numbers seemed way off until I figured out what to do.
  • Redribbon73
    Redribbon73 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    The brands are correct but the quantity of ingredients I made for 3 people. I will be doing a little workout or its going to be on my mind all day. My breakfast is usually a very satisfying 250 ish calories! I suppose a one off won't kill me but blimey that really rocked me!
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    You could just consider that your treat for today :)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    You ate to keep your fast?

How does that work? I've eaten to break my fast before, but never to keep it.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Every now and again, I am surprised by how high calorie something it. Then I think about how often I would eat it previously and realize that I am the weight I am for a reason.

You learned something new today, that's pretty cool! Go for a walk and don't worry about it. This is a long process.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    nut me goreo

or nutmeg oreo?

One sounds awesome, the other... wth?
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    It is one day.

Move on....things happen in the long run.

Don't fret.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    If one day is all it takes to totally change results, we probably wouldn't have over weight issues. It takes several days/week of consistently over eating to gain a substantial amount of weight. One day ain't going to do it. Don't fret.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options

I was wondering the same thing
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Get a grip! It's once - sort the numbers out over the next few days... Life's too short
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    What was in it?
  • laurahadenough
    laurahadenough Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Get a grip! It's once - sort the numbers out over the next few days... Life's too short

this ..
  • Redribbon73
    Options

It is ramadhan so i am fasting, when you break your fast thats when you can then eat something after hours of not eating, to begin your fast I say KEEP, when we wake at dawn to eat something before our fast begins, it is actually the literal translation of how I would say it in urdu maybe its not the appropriate term but I don't know how else to say it. HTP

Ok so after waking up for the day I tried the recipe again and maybe i was fuzzy headed at 2am but it now comes out at 418 calories for the 2 slices i ate. Thats is still quite high but not was worring as the initial 600+ i got earlier.

I am still going to do a little workout to make sure i don't miss out on my treat lol
    Ramadhan food is alot of finger foods so higher calories to when we eat year round thats why i got in a panic earlier.
  • Gel_W91
    Gel_W91 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I don't understand. Eggy bread shouldn't be THAT high in calories. 1 slice of bread 100, an egg 70 x 2 = 340 calories?

That's only if you use 1 whole egg per piece as well which I don't think I've ever done.

Atleast, this is how I make eggy bread .. do you have a special ingredient?
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    2 slices bread, 2 eggs, some milk and some oil - 400ish seems about right.

Have a great day!
  • Redribbon73
    Options
    We add sugar and a bit of milk and a bit if sunflower oil on pan to cook it in.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Truthfully, my highest calorie meals are before noon. Dinner, though filling, is lighter in calories (ie: steak, chicken, lobster .... etc)
  • christhenix
    christhenix Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Go for a half hour brisk walk, that should get you 300 calories or so back on that. :)