fitwatch.com?

Options
Has anyone ever used fitwatch.com to determine calories burned? How accurate is it?

Replies

• Me_Im_2b
    Me_Im_2b Posts: 165
    Options
    Has anyone ever used fitwatch.com to determine calories burned? How accurate is it?
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    The only other site that I've tried so far was fitday, and after fumbling around for about 5 minutes I quit and decided MFP is the way to go. Its a lot simpler ahd the community here is much, much better :)

This place is like a family!
  • Me_Im_2b
    Options
    Oh I know! I love it here! I'm just trying to figure out how many calories I've burned rollerblading... MFP says 707 in 30 min, which seems like a lot! I tried fitwatch.com and it says 740 cals in 30 min which seems kind of high. I'm wondering how accurate these numbers are if anyone knows.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    What you're finding on sites like this and the others are estimates based on averages... its not going to be too accurate unless you get a heart rate monitor :(

If you're serious about getting and staying healthy, I can't reccomend one enough.
  • travelbug
    travelbug Posts: 153
    Options
    I think a heart rate monitor will end up being best because the MFP calculator cannot know your size, how hard you went, up or down hills, or if you just coasted a lot. Same with the other listings. If you type 'elliptical' all it records are your minutes and not that you went hard core or light and easy. If I work hard I want to know the difference.
  • Me_Im_2b
    Options
    Thanks! I agree, but can't really get a Heart Rate Monitor right now. I guess I'll just under estimate the calories for a little while... I guess that can't do much harm... as long as I'm careful