a whole new meaning...,

Options
to say i'm starting a whole new life change would be a understatement. I lost my only child (she was 18) in a accident this summer. I want her to be proud of her mom..she was very beautiful and full of life. It is time for me to step off the sidelines and participate fully in life around me!!

Replies

• nanc2010
    Options
    I was referred to this site by a friend today.As most woman,I have been a yo-yo dieter. I pride myself in being a healthy eater,but have always lacked motivation to exercise! I joined a gym almost 3 wks ago and have been faithfully going 3-4 times a week :) I paid for a yearly membership,hoping that would be incentive! I am also going through some stress in my life and hoping this will help me cope.Hope this site proves helpful :)
  • kmard81
    kmard81 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I am sorry to hear about your daughters passing. As a mother, I couldnt imagine.

I cna relate with you though. One reason I decided to become healthier is for my children. I want them to want to be healthy and I want to be an example. How can I try and instill confidence in my daughter as she grows if I am not a confident woman? I hope you find MFP to be helpful! Its been w great tool in my weight loss so far!
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou: I am so sorry for your loss :sad: I have three kids, and could not even imagine the pain you are going through. Good for you for wanting to get back into life. One day at a time, you can do it! You are healing, and it really does help to get out there and try to live again, even if it doesn't feel right or "normal." I am sure she would be so proud of you for coming here. Add me as a friend if you want, I will help encourage you!!!